Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V force shoot out:(

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V force shoot out:(

Yes it does have a petcock, Its under the cover on the right side were the air filter is.

Old 06-08-2003, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

Whats a petcock[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-08-2003, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

Petcock: on and off switch for the gas.

Old 06-08-2003, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know why the mag. said that and why it critisized the v so bad for. The last mag I bought they praised the v to high heaven. I still want a v I don't beleive everything the mags. say either.

Old 06-08-2003, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

Hey who knows was the DS a 2004 maybe that diet it went on paid big dividends. Maybe they just had a sweet running DS. Who knows, who cares. I'm sure the Raptor didn't win and I don't really care. I like my ride I sure as hE|| am not gonna let some writer tell me what quad is best for me! Just be happy your choices for a new sport quad were not limited to a 350 Warrior, 350 Banshee, 200 Blaster, 300Ex, 250 Mojave, 400L sport. Not that they are not fine rides but not my Idea of High performance. Well maybe the banshee is high performance! 1998 That was your pics. From the looks of things they are only getting better!

Nocando

Old 06-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

The DS was a 2003 the drag race was 150-yards uphill

Old 06-08-2003, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

Were the drags on sand. If they were, I can see the 700 losing. The Holeshots are pittiful in sand.

Old 06-08-2003, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the reply

Old 06-08-2003, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

Kevin M, Thats funny. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]I got the April issue and it was my last, I decided not to renew my subscription because of "unbiased" reporting like this: They also said the DS beat the 700 by 7 quadlengths in a 150yd. drag race. Sorry, not in this lifetime.

ATV Action April issue: "The acceleration is staggering, eye-opening, arm-stretching, get-out-of-my-way fast" ATV Action July issue: "The V-Force motor did not impress us"

ATV Action April issue: "The V-Force may be the king of the hills." ATV Action July: "The V-Force is OK on hills as long as its a straight shot."

ATV Action April issue: "The brakes are as powerful as the engine" ATV Action July: "The V-Force's brakes seem overmatched by the weight and speed"

ATV Action April issue: "The V-Force's transmission engages so instantly and solidly we rarely felt like we were missing out on any power or speed by not being able to clutch or shift" ATV Action July issue: "You'll spend some time waiting for the belt tranny to catch up with the revs"

ATV Action April issue: "The suspension is perfect for a spirited trail ride" ATV Action July issue: "It just doesn't give you a good feel for the trail, and that's unsettling.

ATV Action April issue: "This big machine likes big air" ATV Action July issue: "The V-Force is a less-than-desirable flying machine"

ATV Action April issue: "The Kawasaki can cut through or across whoops gracefully" ATV Action July issue: "The V-Force hates aggressive riding in the whoops"

They said the tranny lags coming out of corners even though the belt never disengages on flat ground.

They said it had lower profile tires than the others even though it was the only quad with 22's on it.

They said they didn't feel big power down low on the V. LMAO

Even though the clutch on the V engages immediately, they felt it should engage sooner, like it needs more help getting the front up. Obviously they know jack about an auto.

I can't believe a magazine would contradict everything it said in an earlier review like this one did. Pathetic.
Maybe next time they could put a man on the V instead of the little pencilnecks that can't seem to handle it.

Old 06-09-2003, 12:00 AM
Range Rover

Actually the V-force has 22 inch tires on 10 rims. Where as the rest of the quads have 20" tires on 9" rims. So technically they should all have the same sidewall height. The razrs hieght seems to be in the middle of the holeshots and Dunlop radials.

I am selling my Z and will be buying a V-force when my local Kawasaki dealer gets one in.

Quick Reply: V force shoot out:(