Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

All purpose tire

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 04:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All purpose tire

Hello all,
First off great forum,have picked up alot of info here thank you for the help. Now onto the interagation.
I own a Vforce and need some help in the traction department, so here goes:

Does anyone know if you increase the tires size to 24 or 25 on the rear that would increase top end and would it help with launches? I know from I think it was 3ATV that it doesns't help with the front end coming up but I was wondering if it slowed it(the front end coming up) down to something more controllable? I was looking into getting a set of ITP Mudlites 24x11x10 or even up to the 26x12x12, I know the engine can handle the tire size without trouble but I am also looking for a tire that can handle the trails I ride here in MS,lots of sticks and roots and stumps, and the sand creek bottoms and the occasional trip to LA dunes?
I have read where the Mudlites donot do well in the sand but not info why, I am trying to keep away from buying a set of sand tires if I can help it because i won't get to the dune but maybe 2-3 times a year and that doesn't justify me buying a set and with the holeshots i am better off walking in the sand.

Old 06-07-2003, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default All purpose tire

I'd try dirt devils they are a great all around tire and come in many sizes.

Old 06-08-2003, 03:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default All purpose tire

Larger tires will actually slow you down instead of help with speed. With launches a wider tire will give you better traction at takeoff due to more rubber on the ground, but a taller tire will slightly raise your gear ratio and slow you down a bit. Another factor with a bigger or mud tire is it will be heavier. This is probably what makes the front end stay down better, more weight. If you want a good all around tire the Mudlites are a good choice since they arent quite as heavy. But unless you really need more ground clearance I would stay with the stock size on the force.

Old 06-10-2003, 05:59 AM
Trailblazer
Default All purpose tire

Hmmm, sounds like it would be easier to just get a pure sand tire for the dunes and a different tire for all other stuff.I have been looking back at other threads and am finding out that the Vforce has a traction problem in the sand so it will be better to have a good sand tire than to have something that only works half the time.
Thank ou for the help.