Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Holeshot Module - Reverse light on?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 12:47 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holeshot Module - Reverse light on?

I installed the holeshot module last week. A easy job and Diamond G has done a good job with instructions and packaging. Now the reverse light is on. Not fully illuminated, but glowing. It goes full bright when i put it in reverse. Has this happened to anyone else?

I can feel the advance off the line. I was hoping for a bit more mid range, but it does what it says it does.

Bob

Old 06-08-2003, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

Did you cut the pink wire totally and plug the violet wire to the cdi. If you spliced the violet wire to the pink then the reverse lite will glow.

Old 06-08-2003, 09:06 AM
Trailblazer

The Pink wire is cut. The violet wire is spliced in to the cut pink wire going to the module.

Bob

Old 06-08-2003, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

You may have to take off the wireing plug going to the cdi ( igniter ) there is a red wire with white stripe this is for the reverse limiter switch there may be a short in that circuit. Pull the wire and see what happens, if the light goes out then you will now that is the problem. If it doesn't then you will have to search somewhere else. Wireing shorts are a look and try method unless you can find an automotive mechanic experienced in such things. I would try the red wire with the white stripe first and go from there.

Old 06-08-2003, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe the problem is unrelated and the shift linkage is just off enough to partially make contact with the reverse light switch. Just a thought.

Old 06-08-2003, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

Scotia,
That's a good thought but wouldn't it also show up in the EBC slowing down or shifting just a thought. There are a lot of possibilities.

Old 06-09-2003, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

Bonza, the Reverse light comes on when the reverse switch connects to ground (Red with White stripe wire). The Holeshot should not have anything to do with this wire or have any effect on it.

Old 06-09-2003, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

Alltoys,

Several possibilities. Just thought it would be easier to eliminate some of the easy ones first. The fact that the light is only partially lit and then glows brighter when fully engaged into reverse made me think of the shift linkage being just slightly off.

Old 06-09-2003, 01:55 PM
Trailblazer

I have a similiar problem. I installed Montana Jack's winch system with a new 3.0 Warn winch over the weekend and when I was done and started my quad, my rear brake light came on and stayed on. It will light as soon as the key is on?? Nothing I did in the install should have caused this, but I did have brake locked for three days while it was jacked up and blocked. Could something be stuck because I had the brake on so tight for so long?

Thanks,

Mark

Old 06-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer

Check your Brake light switch. I replaced mine "twice" due to sticking and lamp staying on. (Dirt and crap making it way inside the switch and preventing it from releasing after engagement) I finally disconnected it. If I need to warm someone of my braking actions, I use the hand lever .

Quick Reply: Holeshot Module - Reverse light on?