Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KFX 700 V-Force: Sport or Utility?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX 700 V-Force: Sport or Utility?

Answer this for me: is the big new Kawasaki considered a sport quad or a utility quad? Or is it somewhere in between like maybe a sport utility, sporty looking, or barely sporty quad?

In magazines when I read about them winning races, it's usually in the Utility Class. In that class, they compete against machines that leave the showroom floor as mostly pure utility machines. Granted, for the sake of racing those machines are modified to the point of only resembling their former self.

So, which is it? Is an ATV a utility (or sport utility) just because it has shaft drive and a CVT transmission? And, don't forget about the sealed rear brake, that's not sporty either.

Regardless of final drive and transmission, the V-Force on paper ranks as one of the fastest quads ever made. Not only does it have a rather large and potent drive train, but it also has a specially designed chassis made just for sport riding. Long travel suspension, above average brakes, and exceptional handling abilities all scream sport quad. So, why is this machine classified as a utility machine because of just a few features not normally associated with sport quads?

Which is it?

Old 06-09-2003, 11:12 AM
Trailblazer

To be correct the V Force races in the GNCC Class of Utlility Unlimited. This is a class for automatic quads that does not come with racks from the factory.

Old 06-09-2003, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the replies.

"To be correct the V Force races in the GNCC Class of Utlility Unlimited. This is a class for automatic quads that does not come with racks from the factory."
Doesn't the Prairie 650 compete in this class, and does it not come with racks from the factory? What other quads fit in this class? The auto-tranny Polaris ATVs?

Old 06-09-2003, 12:45 PM
Trailblazer

I think any automatic quad can compete in this class. In my opinion why would you try and compete with a stock 4x4 against something like the 700? Yes I do belive there is one that competes regulary but I do not belive it has the front 4x4 section installed so it would not be fair to let it run in the Stock Utility class. Yes the auto tranny Polaris does qualify for it also. Any quad that came with an auto can compete in it...It does not meen that it will be competitive but can participate.