Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

HELP Need ATV Junkyard!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 04:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP Need ATV Junkyard!!!

I know advetising is frowned upon and will get a post banned here, so I'm going to phrase this where it dosen't cause advertising on this thread.

I busted the case on my '01 Bayou 220 today. Somehow I hit something (most likely a rock) that pushed up the stock skid-plate and then tore the drain plug out of the engine cracking the case at the same time. Didn't even know it 'til the bike quit and I saw oil pouring out from underneath it.

Regardless I now need a new case and will have to inspect everything in the rotating assembly to make sure it wasn't damaged. I was hoping I might find an ATV junkyard that could sell me the case, although they'd probably sell me a whole engine for the same price which is fine.

If aynone knows of a good one that accepts mail order, please e-mail me dcreason@usa.net with pertinent contact info, don't post on the board so this post will stay up.
I've tried e-baying but there were none on there today.

Old 06-17-2003, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

Buy a Dirt Wheels magazine and or look in the back there are several atv salvage places that sell used parts I've good luck with them. HTH

Old 06-18-2003, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

There is a place in Pennsylvania called Milwaukee Cycle Salvage http://www.mcscyclesalvage.com. They have a huge amount of used parts. Last time I was there they had about 6 or 8 tractor trailers full of stuff. I bet they have what you need for a bayou. Good luck