Junkyard Wars

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Junkyard Wars

Check out the Dune Buggies episode of Junkyard Wars tomorrow, March 19th, on The Learning Channel. I am the expert for the Superchargers team.

Old 03-18-2003, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Junkyard Wars

cool, did you win???

I always thought I would be good on that show. You know how to get in?

Old 03-18-2003, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Junkyard Wars

I am legally obligated not to say who won until after the show airs. I have about 200 meg of pictures that I will upload somewhere after the show airs.

I was contaced by the production company through my website to be the expert. You can apply to be a team member on their site.

Old 03-19-2003, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default Junkyard Wars

There are pictures of the beasts here:

http://www.junkyard-wars.com/about.htm

There are two sites. Here is the other one: http://www.junkyardwars.com

Old 03-19-2003, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Junkyard Wars

That was the best junkyard wars I seen yet. You were the "captain" guy steve?

Who got to keep the trike? its a shame the red one didnt work out

Old 03-19-2003, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Junkyard Wars

I was the expert for the green team. They mismatched the video clips. That was my blue Drakart at a race in Ohio. The Pilot they showed jumping as me was actually Randy, the other expert.

They said the belt was slipping on the red one. It was actually a sheared off pin in the driven clutch. Season 8 started just after we got back from filming. Turns out that front end was part of the machine used in the championship for season 8. The spindles got bent then so they were weak. It would have been fast. I looked up the sled. It was limited production for Sno Cross competition, 72 HP. The motor is very similar to the one in my Drakart.

Both teams claimed they did not need suspension in the sand. I convinced the team I advised that they did. They were glad of it when they saw the course.

They normally take the machines apart. I was told there can be legal issues with them. They save some of them for display purposes later.

Old 03-20-2003, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default Junkyard Wars

Livewire,
I am currently undertaking super charging my P650 Kawisaki quad I did have it turbo charged but found it had to much lag time and way to much piping. I used to race a Harley some years ago I still have my blower and am going to install it on my quad. Could I get some insights, tips from you an expert in the charger field. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Trending Topics

Old 03-20-2003, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default Junkyard Wars

I am not an expert in Supercharging. I never met the Superchargers until the day before filming. There is someone who posts on www.pilot-odyssey.com by the name dhjunkie that is very knowledgable about turbos. He may be able to suggest a different snail shells to alter how your turbo performs. I do know one thing you want that many do not do is to have the waste gate open under manifold vacuum. When you chop the throttle, it will open the waste gate. Otherwise, the sudden drop in exhaust pressure not only spools the turbo down, it can cause it to spin backwards.

4 x 4 Tuff sells superchargers for Harleys now. You may be able to get some info from them, but I think they just sell the kits and would not be that knowledgeable.

Either way, I would try to figure out how to get an intercooler in there. If you have a plenum welded up around an aluminum heater core, you can use a small electric pump to circulate it to another radiator put in front of your engine rad. Since the water will be cooler than engine coolant, a motorhome pump should hold up.

Old 03-20-2003, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Junkyard Wars

I saw the show last night. The green team won with a CR dirtbike turned into a trike. I really thought the snowmobile engine had potential to go pretty fast but the front end wound't stay together on the lawn tractor (red team).

This was one of the better episodes. Was that held at Pismo???

Old 03-20-2003, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Junkyard Wars

They said it was oceanu ORV park or some chit like that.

Quick Reply: Junkyard Wars