Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Advice on P650 - Need more HP-long, but please read

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on P650 - Need more HP-long, but please read

Thanks for the info. Also does anyone know where I could find some info on a the big bore kits...Right now I'm just curious, but the fourstroketech.com website is not working. Is anyone running the snorkel and exhaust at around 1000 ft elevation. I'm wondering where I should start with jetting.
Do any of you rejet for winter riding or do you run rich enough in the summer to be O.k. in the colder months.

Thanks again.

Old 06-19-2003, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer

shotgun, you say a loose belt will run faster than a tighter belt. My dealership installed a new belt for me and I gained 2mph. Does this mean the new belt is too loose? Thanks

Old 06-19-2003, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

Crazyrc, a good place to start would be with an aftermarket air filter and an intake snorkle for your airbox. Maybe a few extra holes in your airbox lid too. Also, mod your muffler but go bigger than 3/8 with your holes or add more 3/8 holes. A good place to start with your jets is 142/145. More fuel and air+more exhaust flow=more power. . I run 145/148 and I am at around 1500 feet. I have pretty good power right now. Gonna be better in a week as I am getting a frequency modulator.

Old 06-19-2003, 09:17 AM
Pro Rider

Rutwad;

No that means that the old belt was worn on the sides pretty much. You got the extra speed from the width difference, from old to new, not the length. your primary clutch was able to force your new belt out farther, because of the width, than it could the narrow one.

Another way Kawasaki had the bike detuned is by the clutch, they had Comet make the clutch, so our primary does not close enough to squeeze the belt to make it go out to the end, also the belt isn't long enough or wide enough. That is why I said above, look at the belt marks on your primary, there is 3/4" out on the end not being used. This is another way they limited our top speed.

If we had snowmoble clutches on the same bike, we would have a top speed of about 120 MPH and be able to get to that speed in a telephone pole lenght. That is because the clutches are larger.

People take shims out, to get into spec, but I don't hear anyone putting them back in when they replace the belt, maybe they are still in spec. I don't know. That is why I said not to run your belt to tight.

Old 06-19-2003, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

MASTERBLASTER...Cool pictures...looks like we suffer from the same diamond plate affliction ( my 1 ton Dodge is aready wearing about as much as I could bolt on ), so I had to start on the quads, I even replaced my rubber lower fenders with the stuff...all you're missing is the 4 speaker waterproof stereo system...LOL

SHOTGUN...what kind of tires / wheels are you running for pulls, as seen in your pictures??? I was looking at a set of GoodYear Terra tires ( for a small ditch trencher ) size 26 X 12 X 12, for my quad...they are 7 - 10 lbs lighter than my old Mud Runners, but have the standard GoodYear Terra pattern tread

Have A Good One >>> WAM

Old 06-19-2003, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

newbeatle;

The tires I'm running are "Pit bulls" and the rims are ITP's widened out to 13".

Old 06-19-2003, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

Black and red springs, TWIN-AIR filter,Progressive suspenders, Dia. G Snorkle, NYROC exh. mod./jets
You already took off those $hitty tires, right?

Old 06-19-2003, 11:08 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Shotgun, how do you like the Thunder shift kit and how much did you have to grind to get them to fit?
I like your gaurd dog. I have the same defense. Check my pics.

Old 06-19-2003, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

Raaadddchad;

I like them alot; had to grind a notch out on the very end on the bottom, now that I know what needs to be done it would only take an hour or so. got better pick up because they are curved more.

now I can adjust my weights from 40 kg to 70 kg, to get my rpms where I want them.

Nice dog and pic's!

Old 06-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Range Rover

1. Diamond G Snorkle - it's basically a replacement air intake that allows more and less turbulent air into the air box.
2. TwinAir Filter - flows exceptionally well, has excellent protection and is easily cleaned and reoiled whenever you need to and lasts a long time.
3. 8 1/2" holes through baffles in muffler or after market exhaust - either is good, I did the 8 1/2" holes and my buddy bought an HMF slip-on. His is louder, but mine is faster [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
4. Rejet carbs to accomodate more fuel for increased air into the system and increased exhaust out.
5. Diamond G Holeshot module - a must, best bang for the money, awesome low end performance.
6. EPI Black spring (definately) and Red spring (if you want a hard hitting clutch), and maybe a new belt.
7. Diamond G Top End module when it comes out.

You'll be the king without a doubt with these mods.

If you really want to get crazy, you can do the cams and the big bore kit, but this may reduce reliability somewhat. All of the above can be done easily without touching the engine and create excellent performance gains.

Quick Reply: Advice on P650 - Need more HP-long, but please read