Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kfx going bye bye

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kfx going bye bye

Getting rid of a KFX 400 that was my dads with less than 10 hrs. Im taking a big loss so I took all the billet and goodies off. Anyone need anything give me a PM. Everything from Nerfs,Alum heel guards,Exhaust to bumpers and billet.Even some paddles.

Old 06-22-2003, 02:31 AM
Trailblazer

Frame is all cracked to he11 no doubt.

Old 06-22-2003, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider

No its not a 400EX your confussed. Its on albaaction.com under customer rides. The first DS(blk one) just click on the picture and scroll down and you can see it.

Old 06-22-2003, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

QWERTY,

I have seen you lurking in the shadows, reading everything from the Sukuki and Kawasaki boards, waiting for your chance to make a smart a** comment about the KFX/Z400 frame problems. Well I am tired of it and I want to remind you of something. In terms of Sport Quads, Honda has the weakest lineup of any manufacturer. Although I do not like Yamaha in terms of reliability, at least they make an effort to provide thier customer base with an updated bike once in a while.

Lets take a look.

The 250EX is outclassed by the Z-250 by anyone's standards. The Z-250 is more powerful, has a better suspension, accelerates quicker, has a higher top speed, looks much better and costs the same.

The 300EX (although a very good and reliable machine) is an outdated platform in dire need of an update. The only thing the 300ex can "hang" with is the even more outdated Warrior that is 15 years old without any changes.

The 400EX is now at the very bottom of the list of top offerings from the major manufactureres. Let me refresh your memory of how many machines can kick a 400EX's tail in just about every setting. The Bombardier DS 650, Kawi V Force, Kawi KFX400, SuzukiZ400, Raptor, YFZ450, Banshee and many more (Cannondale, Gas Gas, etc...). Honda has not even added reverse which has become the "standard" for a sport bike, like it or not.

So good luck finding things to nit pick the other manufacturers about, because nit picking is about all a 400EX owner can do since you have no legitimate arguments to make..

Good day to you and I hope your frame never cracks because then you may have nothing to live for.

Old 06-22-2003, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

qwerty, you really need to shut up. You are very annoying and rude. No wonder your mom dusn't let you off you leash

Old 06-22-2003, 12:51 PM
RIP Dear Friend

qwerty,

I am stating to notice you too and as easy going as I am when I see that out of your 55 posts, 13 are showing colors and I am hardly never in the kawasaki forum.

One, you need to start taking your own advice and two, maybe this is your reason for posting as you have been.

Two quotes from qwerty:

1. "find a friendly forum member who can direct you to parts availability."

2. People just have a lot of pent up 400EX aggression from getting beat so bad so they try and talk smack everytime a new model is introduced.

qwerty the choice is yours on how you really want to post but the choice is mine to try to keep the information and harmony flowing. You have only been here a week and the pattern looks like the sun is setting.

Old 06-22-2003, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-22-2003, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like Qwerty is trying to make a few more friends.

Old 06-24-2003, 03:21 PM
Trailblazer

My bad for pointing out a definiency that not everybody may know about. The 400EX is actually at the top of the list for sport quads that are raced. No other quad except the 250R has had as much success.

Old 06-24-2003, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

Well, the 400EX has been out for 5 years and has an aftermarket base. It was out for two years before anything else in the mid-sized sport class was released from another manufacturer.

Honda's reputation has carried the 400EX far, but sales will drop off and it won't be raced seriously in years to come-- this is guaranteed. If you look at Pro Production classes from this year you will see that Honda is no longer a majority. In fact, you will see that most have chosen the KFX/LTZ to race with. Next year, it will be the YFZ. Unless Honda comes out with a new machine, or a heavily updated 400EX, they won't be the Pro's pick for a competitive platform. Switching from a 35.5 to a 38mm CV carb isn't the mods that will put the 400EX at the top of the lists, either.

just my $.05