Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V-Force 785 kit ~~UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 08:42 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Force 785 kit ~~UPDATE

I finally got my V-Force back Friday night. My friend and I were waiting at the mechanics before they even had the machine started. The HMF dual exhuast w/o quiet cores and spark arrestors sounds great! If you do not like noise you will not like these pipes!!! They had the machine set rich for break in and changed the plugs one size colder for the cam change. Took it out Saturday morning and it was running very rich!!! Could only get on it about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and it would start acting up. Climbed some modest hills and the power is thru the ROOF! Hills that I would climb at full throttle I did at 1/2! I did not climb too many, since I wanted to break this motor in better then I did from stock. Plus the extended warranty no longer applies...LOL Taking it back to the mechanic to get the fuel problem taken care of in time for next weekend.

Old 06-23-2003, 09:46 AM
Trailblazer

Post some pics bro....

Or email them to me and I'll post them on my website.

Old 06-23-2003, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

I have not heard of anyone doing this before......where did you get the "kit" What did it cost to for everything?

Old 06-23-2003, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

We need details...Where do we get it??

Old 06-23-2003, 01:32 PM
Trailblazer

The kit came from Mickey Dunlap. With the kit, labor, machine work, dual exhaust, etc around 3K for the mods. But it is worth it... It will shut up the Raptor Quacks, the 400ex run when I start it, and the Banshee's are concerned.

Old 06-23-2003, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

Raptor Quacks are impossible to stop...

Old 06-23-2003, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

Where do we get in touch with Mr. Dunlap? And what is the current HP at the Crank and at the wheels?

I am sure you have one fast machine....as if it wasn't fast before!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2003, 01:46 PM
Trailblazer

Mickey Dunlap ~ Four Stroke Tech (814) 842-6159. He will only answer the phone after 3pm Eastern Time. He will build your motor for you, but it will take a long time since he is booked/backed up with race engines. This is the same kit that he sells for the Praire 650. My local dealer did the work and sent the motor to their machine shop that builds there motorcross engines. The machine shop guy said that was a fair amount of work involved. Also the once bored, the walls are VERY close to the water jackets.

As for the HP, I don't know yet. The dealer does not have a dyno and I just got picked it up Friday night. Broke it in some on Saturday, but they had it set way TOO rich. I did not climb any real big coal hills, but the hills that I used to climb at full throttle on the stock motor, can now be climbed at 1/2 throttle. It has loads of power. Plus the cams make is sound so so good. So this coming Saturday I should be good to go and make the Banshee's wish they rode GREEN...

Remember TEAM GREEN, because somebody needs to set the standard!

Old 06-24-2003, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

endmumma,

Thats gonna be some real fast wheels!
I have the same kit on my Prairie and love it! Just follow the proper breakin procedure and you should be fine. When I got my kit first together it was to lean and heated up and dropped one of the sleeves which inturn blew compression passed the head gasket, which really sucked! because I had to take it all apart again. Now I have 160f and 165r for jetting on my machine. Today I did a plug check and it is right on the money. Do you have any holes in your airbox lid. I installed two of those TPI valves and they work great. They are adjustable and have a filter in them. I have one open all the way and the other one half way. This seems the run the best.

Did you have Mickey port your heads as well as HVD valve springs put in them. If so you should be running around 162.5f and 167.5r with jetts. Its ok to be richer when breaking in.
Also if you wrap your exhaust it will help with keeping the motor cooler as well as speed up your exhaust.
Are you using 20w 50 oil, 10w 40 is good for the breakin but change to the heavier after.
Just thought you might like to know.
Good luck with that beast!

Old 06-24-2003, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

wildwill;

What kind of tape did you use on your exhaust?

Quick Reply: V-Force 785 kit ~~UPDATE