Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V-Force vs. Banshee vs. Raptor - My Results

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Force vs. Banshee vs. Raptor - My Results

True,you do have to increase rpm ,but on top. By puting a spring with too high INITIAL load,you are slowing the initial upshift and making the weights act less agressive in the early part of the shift pattern,buzzing the rpm right up past its peak torque curve too early. Not to mention the rideability and feel of the bike,as well as wear and tear.
Everyone ,of course is entitled to their own opinion, riding style,and preference.This is mine after the testing we have done so far.

Old 07-07-2003, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

I spoke with one of the guys at HOTSEAT this morning and he is telling me that the feedback on the green spring is good?? He said the engagement is not to harsh, and that they have actually tried it in a VForce with good results.

I would really like to know what you guys think that have had some experience with this spring think.........Pleeez[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2003, 05:11 PM
Range Rover

It is a know fact that all machines are different even though they are assembled at the same plant. By reading this thread, I was nearly deterred from purchasing the DMC Alien full system. KevinM indicated that by installing this system, he sacrificed bottom end(this is the way I interpretted it). This loss neccessitated the use of a differnt primary spring to compensate. I was hoping for, at minimum, no loss in low end HP and torque. After speaking with a few tuners, over a few weeks, I decided to buy the Alien system. I have never installed an aftermarket system the had better fit and finish. You get what you pay for. As for the perfomance gain, following DMC's jetting recommendations and mild needle shimming, they was absolutely NO sacrifice in HP anywhere. Allthough, this is yet to be verified on a Dyno(I'm working on it). I am uncertain of going through with a "custom" Pro Comp Clutch setup. I absolutely cannot keep the front end down. Ive been dyno tuning motorcycles for 18 years and I never have had any tuning/riding expirience with an ATV. This is my first. DMC Alien made it real easy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2003, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

Stan, I've never indicated a loss of power at all. Mine pulls harder down low all the way to the top. The spring change is necessary to raise your shift point higher because the stock spring won't let the motor rev to the RPM's it needs even with the stock pipe, much less with the Aliens.

Old 07-14-2003, 06:24 PM
Range Rover

Makes sense to me now. I was just told the same thing by EPI. Again, my tuning expirience with ATV's is extremely limited. Ive been reading info on these forums for months trying to gather info by the expirience of others...such as yourself. Both Ty and Chad(EPI) are dripping in knowledge over this topic. It was nice of them to talk to me for over half an hour. They hinted there testing with this pipe and there clutch kit. All I could get out of them is that results were very conclusive and satifying. After the installation of there kit(if I decided to buy), they would help "tweak" for optimum power transfer. Hell, I do not need any more low end. That's for sure. I just rode this thing in the street a few minutes ago. I can't imagine it any faster. I'm getting old....but I would like to see more midrange. Thanks for your info![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]