Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KFX 400 ?s

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 04:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX 400 ?s

I don't know much about this bike except what I've read on Kawasaki.com.

How does this bike handle? Does it wheelie easy? What is the top end
speed, stock? How about low end power? How well does it jump?
How reliable is it compared to a Honda 400? How cheap can you get
it new (04)?

Thx!

Old 06-24-2003, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX 400 ?s

do a search on the kfx or you can also go to the suzuki forum and do a search on the z400, same bike as the kfx. should answer all the questions you have, I have been looking into the kfx/z to. hope this helps you, good luck.
Sparx

Old 06-25-2003, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default KFX 400 ?s

Good, you have some questions I can actually answer. First they handle excellent I'd say second only to the 400ex. It's very very close. The top speed is variable on conditions, terrain, and wind. In general on pavement with no wind the speed is in beteween 67 and 70 mph. I'd say about 69mph is average. Low end is o.k. their a little soft but the z and kfx are geared kind of high. In first a ex will get ahead of you a little if you both launch good but by at least third gear you should be passing an ex. It jumps great and handles excellent in the air, you have great control of the bike in the air. Time will tell with the reliabilty, the ex has had time to be proven over years and years. So far the z has had some frame issues and you can see pictures of people with cracked frames in other posts on here. The kfx hasn't been hit as probably because they were made later than the z. I have also heard later production z's haven't had any problems. Mine is road hard weekly and it hasn't developed any problems besides getting hung in deep, deep mud I shouldn't have been in, in the first place. As for mechanical problems I haven't heard of nothing. I think the new sticker price is $5699 but you can get one out the door for about $5200 or maybe even less if you quote something another dealer gave you. Say like well this dealer said he could get me one out the door at $5200 and maybe they'll go down a hundred bucks or so. I'll add I have never had more fun on a quad than my z. You are asking about a kfx400 and the z is the same bike, also look at the post that says artic cat has a new sport quad. This is also the same bike as the kfx and z it just has differnent plastic and colors. You can see pics. of it and I think it looks better than the kawi. or the z and also everyone won't already have the Cat.

Old 06-25-2003, 02:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default KFX 400 ?s

In a way it's good that Suzuki, Kawasaki and Arctic has the same 400 sport. It gives the purchaser that many more dealers to get prices from. The purchaser also has more atv dealership/garages to pick from. Say I was going to buy a Z400. That leaves me only 2 dealers to choose from in an hour radius. If I price between the 3 (Su,Ka,Ar) quads. I would have at least 5 dealers to get prices from.

It's hard to say how reliable it is because it just hasn't been out long. The price of $5200. seems about right to me. I had priced a 400EX recently and that was about $5000. OTD ($4650.+ tax+ other fees) I thought the 400EX's price would have been a little cheaper. I've seen alot of used Z400's for $5000.

Old 06-25-2003, 09:09 AM
Trailblazer
Default KFX 400 ?s

Great info guys. Thanks!