Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Got the big V

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the big V

I haven't driven it yet though, its in the back of my truck still. I have to run to town to insure it before I can ride it because they want a picture of it.

This is my story:

I was told the trip from Swan River to Shellbrook was only 3 hours but it was more like 4.5 hours, so my sister and I got in later than expected. We got there, waited for the sales person for about 20 minutes because he was out doing something, no problem. He got in, we looked over the papers, I signed my life away and the deal was closed. My green beast was on the showroom floor and he assured me it was ready. We pushed it outside, started it up and it wouldn't start very well. Then when it did start it would make this clanking noise. He stopped the motor and checked the oil, it was full. He started it again and still made the noise. By this time I was a little pissed off, he grabbed his mechanic and they pushed the quad into the shop. I went back there with them and they zipped off the belt housing and the recoil cover and found nothing obviously wrong. It was coming from inside the motor, thank god they had another green one out back. So they grabbed that one and it ran perfect, it just needed a wash. So the bank had to refax the papers for me to sign all over again because I was sold a different quad and that took another 30 minutes. Then we drove home, seen alot of deer on the side of the road.

Thats the end of my story, I will post a mini review later on when I get some seat time on my big V, from the looks of it I think it will be great and it fits me alot better than my Z. I think I'm going to like it.

Old 06-25-2003, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default Got the big V

congratulations on the new machine. I'd hate to drive that far and not buy something, lucky they had another. I got mine 2 weeks ago but it still feels like the first day I bought it, very exciting. I didn't like the color at first, but now I grown to love it.

Old 06-25-2003, 11:29 AM
Trailblazer
Default Got the big V

Sure hope it's all you expected. I'll have to give the Nabers a rough time for you................

Old 06-25-2003, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default Got the big V

As soon as a walked in I looked at the big V and I was impressed, much better than I thought it would be. Find out what went wrong with the other green V-700. I heard the demo one and it sounds cool but I don't think people around me would appreacite it very much. I'm just glad I'm home now and will be riding it this afternoon sometime.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't make it over to see you, I was pressed for time and I had my sister with me.

Old 06-25-2003, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default Got the big V

Welcome to the Club! I am sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

Green700 nice Icon. The first green one I've seen that looks like a 700 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2003, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Got the big V

Congrads man, its sure to be the most fun wheeler you will ever own. When I got mine, I called my buddy at the dealer and said, look I want one, do you have one. It was a saturday and kinda a spur of the moment deal. He said he sold his only one and wouldnt have one for a month, but would find one for me. He called me back and said a dealer about 1 hour away had a green and orange one, and they dont wanna give the green up. He asked what color I wanted, I said well its a kawi racing bike, IT HAS TO BE KAWI GREEN... He said the orange is a nice color, which now that I have seen it, it is very cool looking. But he couldnt get me a green one on a saturday like that, so if I could wait till tuesday id have a green one and he would deliver it to my work, and sure enuff he pulled into the parking lot at work and there it was, I was in love. I thanked him for working so hard to get me one, most other places would say oh well wait a month.

Old 06-25-2003, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Got the big V

I am kind of shocked that the oneplace would not sell the green one. I'd never go back there again or have then give you a discount on the Orange one....Green one's are faster!

Old 06-25-2003, 02:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default Got the big V

I'll be sure to quiz the boys here about that noise. Once I here from them I'll be sure to post it where everyone can see. No problem bbertram. At least now you know where I live. Besides it's not like I have a V-Force to go riding with you. Now that there's no green V-Forces (that are running) left in town I guess I'll have to keep riding my KX250 =[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Be sure to give us a first ride impression

Old 06-25-2003, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Got the big V

Originally posted by: TechTip101
Welcome to the Club! I am sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

Green700 nice Icon. The first green one I've seen that looks like a 700 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Ya, it doesn't look like a 400 or anything. Anybody who wants can right click and save it then upload it to your profile, I dont care who uses it.

Old 06-25-2003, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Got the big V

Thanks Man. I am tired of this Orange one...Since I hava a green one...We all no the green one's are the fastest.