Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

kawasaki financing

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 11:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kawasaki financing

is kawasaki 36 month financing a good idea? i have a summer job right now, full time making 7.50 an hour, will probably work some over time too. but ill have to quit around late august to get ready for college. i dont really have any money saved up since college pretty much drained me, tho i really want a quad. the kawasaki financing has zero down, i dont know if that is good or not, like if i should save up 500 first for a downpayment to make the monthly payments less. in college i dont know if i would be working, but i might take out more in loans than i did last year since i barely got by at the last semester so that could help me get by with payments untill summer time again when i can get a job and not worry about school. what do you guys think? thanks!

Old 06-29-2003, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

just watch out for their interest rates after the three year period, 20 percent is crazy.

Old 06-29-2003, 09:27 AM
Range Rover

Kawasaki financing is BAD in any iteration. No matter what the initial rate or lack of eventually it will go to 20+ percent.
There financing is aimed at getting people in the door and reminds me of the ploys they use around here to sucker the Native Americans into buying a car that they really can't afford and will always be worth much less than they owe. Stay away from these kind of deals.
Bite the bullit and wait until you really can afford one.

Old 06-29-2003, 09:48 AM
Trailblazer

To me, it's always the same thought process. Can I afford this? If you have to debate it, and try to rationalize it, probably not. Besides, you are going to be having too much fun in college to take time to ride... Getting one NOW isn't worth hurting yourself financially, or messing up your credit.

Old 06-29-2003, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Wolley
Kawasaki financing is BAD in any iteration....Bite the bullit and wait until you really can afford one.
I agree with the last statement but not the first. I financed my Prairie at 2.9% for six months on the Kawasaki card. Just make sure you can pay it off before the rate changes.

Enjoy school, ride someone else's quad on the weekend every once in awhile, buy yourself a new quad for graduation!

Old 06-29-2003, 01:05 PM
Trailblazer

I don't agree at all!

The deal I've got is 3.9% over the next three years and $39/month... after which it goes up to 17%, which is high I admit. But in three years I'll have it all but paid off especially at 3.9%. I have a few years of IRS Refunds to put toward it as well as paying more than $39/month. Not to mention, in 3 years I'm sure you could still sell the Kawasaki for a decent amount. However I could understand how this would not be a good deal for anyone without a job and/or someone without the will-power to put extra $$ toward the purchase,,, but hey! 3.9% for three years is pretty good!!

Old 06-29-2003, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

its good for someone who can pay it off in 3 years to get a low interest rate, they even had some kind of zero percent thing if you can pay it off. But for the person who only pays the minimum per month and three years later, just now owe what they should have paid in the first place, it isnt. If you have a bank that will take over the loan after a few years, it might be good. I just went with a bank in the first place though.

Old 06-29-2003, 03:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You will probably have enough to handle paying off the school loans. I would not suggest that you get deaper into debt over a quad. Finish your schooling then get a decent job and buy any quad you want later. If you really have to get a quad for the summer. Buy something really cheap with cash and then you could sell it at the end of the summer for school money. Don't write a check that your butt can't cash! I know this isn't what you want to hear but it would be best not to take out another long term loan right now.

This is a huge problem today. Credit companies give students all kinds of credit. The companies pass out credit cards to kids like free samples of candy. Next thing the student has a debt to last a lifetime. There are kids going bankrupt because they don't know how to handle money and credit.