Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Exhaust Wrap and Holeshot

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Wrap and Holeshot

I pulled my PBG off today and wrapped it. Took a few hours w/ interuptions. First the pipes got cleaned up and coated with high heat header paint. Then they were wrapped in 2" wide exhuast wrap with the ends held by SS tie wraps. Finally, they got two coats of high heat silicone paint.

The wrap, SS tie wraps and high heat silicone wrap are from DEI and I purchased it from Eastwood. Click here for the Eastwood DEI page.

I pulled the rear and middle body parts off, as well as the front tire. It was much easier than when I installed the PBG with the body panels on. Don't forget to get two new exhaust gaskets. After everything is reassembled, you're supposed to cure the silicone paint at atleast 400 degrees. It doesn't take long to get the exhaust heated up to that, and you'll get a pretty significant amount of smoke off the wrap as it heats up.

I rode for a bit today with the wrap installed and it is certainly cooler for the rider. It also brought the noise down a bit.

Today was also my first chance to run the Holeshot where I could get traction and it was a blast. It's amazing how easily it lifts the front end right up. Even with the Mudlites, it's difficult to find dirt that gives enough traction to stop the rear wheels from spinning.

Peace,
Sgt_Rock