Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Accessory ?'s on the V Force

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accessory ?'s on the V Force

There are a few more things I want to put on the 700.
First, a new set of bars and grips. What bend is everyone getting, and does the stock dummy lights still work with them? What grips are good? Everytime I ride hard for a hr or so, I get blisters on my palm. I wear gloves, but it doesn't seem to matter. Maybe new grips will help.

Next is Handguards. I hear some get the Acrebis Rally ll, but in my Rocky Mountain catolog say's dirt bike only on these guards. Will they work on the 700?

Now comes new rims. My brother bought the T-9 Pro for his Z, and they have the same 3+2 back spacing as the 700. But when I look at his rims compared to my stock ones, they look like they are not as deep as mine are. I measured the T-9 from the front side, and it's 2.5" from the hub side of the rim, and my stock is 2". His rims measure 2" from the bolt side of the rim. I thought they were to measure from the hub side. But if I were to put these rims on, I'm another inch wider in the front. At 47" now, I do not want to be any wider in the front. So for those who put on new rims on there 700, did the ITP or Douglas rims make you wider?

One more thing, steering damper. Has anyone made one yet for the 700? With the Elka's on I can ride faster and more aggresive, but what comes with that, is those nasty jolts when you hit a root or rocks. Has anyone put a damper on there 700 yet?

That's all I can think of fro now.

Old 06-29-2003, 03:20 PM
Range Rover

Denton Racing has Stabilizers available now, I run Renthal 250R bend with renthal 1/2 waffle grips medium compound so it is easier on your hands. (Yes the "dummy" lights will still work) As far as the wheels go you can order ITP wheels with any backspacing you would like. I would go with the ITP over the Douglas but I am also partial to ITP. As far as handguards go I personally dont run them but If I did the choice would be easy and that would be the Cycra Pro bend. I know Tarrot102 has them on his quad he may be able to tell you where to get them from and pricing info. Hope this helps you out GE

Old 06-29-2003, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

Geenteam, thanks for the info. I did call about the back spacing, and the only ones I can get are the 3+2 or 2+3 in the 5" rims, or a 4+2 in a 6" rim. So to keep the 700 at stock width, I would get the 3+2. But that is what my brother got, and it seems they measure from the front of the rim, not on the hub side, thus making the front wider. I would like to find a 3.5+1.5, but it doesn't seem like anyone makes that one. So I just want to know if anyone has put on new rims, and what there width is.

Do you know the price of the Denton damper, and do you run one?

By the way, nice job on the victory at the Wisp. With all those rocks, you must need a damper. Looks like it's going to be a battle for the top spot in the 4-stoke class. It's ironic that the top 3 in the stock class are all first year models, Z-400, Predator, and the V-Force.

I will see you at the next race in Taylortown.

Old 06-29-2003, 10:43 PM
Range Rover

You cant really look at the points till the end of the season because of throwaway's. If you get rid of the drops I am in the lead by 5 points right now. So all I need to do is ride consistant for the next 3 races and I should have it wrapped up. The wheels that I run are the ITP T9 Baja style and they actually narrow the bike up about a 1/2 inch from stock. Just call up ITP and ask for Craig, if they dont let youtalk to him make sure you at least get Brett. Then tell them that you want the wheels just like I run in the front. They should be able to set you right up. (make sure you tell them the second set they sent me)

Now as far as the denton dampner, I am not allowed to run one in stock class but they are sending me oneout as we speak. I would imagine that they will bearound 140 pending on if you buy the rebuildable one or not. By the way how are you liking your V-Force? Make sure you come up to the support trailer and say hey.

Maybe all of us Kawasaki riders will have another green quad to buy next year. The future will be exciting for Kawasaki owners, make sure you mark my word on that.

Old 06-29-2003, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

I just found out that in the T-9 Baja, I can get a 4+1 for the front, thus making my 700 46" wide, just where I want it. These must be the ones you got. I will call tomorrow. Again thank's. By the way, I stopped by the Green Team support trailor at Rausch Creek, but I missed yah, but they took care of my tie rod problem. It's nice knowing you have support at a race. Nice going Kawi.

As far as liking the V-Force. I have been having the most fun on this atv, then any of the other 10+ atv's I've owned.

If you can't use the damper, why are you getting one?

Old 06-29-2003, 11:03 PM
Range Rover

Greenteam can you run an IMS steering stem in stock class? I was wondering, I heard these new stems help dampen the ride a bit.
Congrats on the Wisp race.

Old 06-29-2003, 11:20 PM
Range Rover

I am just going to test the dampner for them and use it at local races and such.

KAWY- Yes you can use the IMS stem, I dont run a aftermarket stem because I would rather have one bend so I could still race rather than have an expensive aftermarket stem snap then you cant even finish the race. All you have to due to take care of vibration is fill your bars and stem with silcone. I dont even do that b/c I dont really have that much of a problem with vibration. Thanks for the congrats, my gameplan at the Wisp was just to rider very conservative and it paid off.

Old 06-30-2003, 01:46 PM
Trailblazer

Hey GE, I am running the CYCRA hand guards, they work great, fit great, and are super strong. I had the luxury of following Green team too closely on a fast and rocky uphill climb. I got a wheel barrow load of apple sized,... rock roost from him. If I had not had hand guards, I surely would have had some broken fingers. I put my head down and it sounded like somebody was beating me with a hammer on my head, too say the least I did not stay so close to him after that. Lucky, that I made some Lexan headlight covers too, or they would have been trashed also.

They are about $100 bucks to your door, and within a couple of days.......

CYCRA
5742 Westbourne Ave.
Columbus, Ohio 43213
614-866-9662
Toll Free 1-800- 770-2259
Fax: 614-866-2278
Email: sales@cycra.com
www.cycra.com

.....tarrat

Old 06-30-2003, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Tarat and Greenteam for sharing your tips with us.

For GE4X4, I'm running Renthal "ATV Racer" bend and man do I wish I would have shelled out for these the day I got my V-Force. They are a bit wider and a bit more flexible, they make a great quad even better. I also have the Acerbis guards, you can check them out on my pics page.