Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Wisp GNCC

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 12:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wisp GNCC

Hey, Group...
First I want to congratulate you.... Adam Howell ( aka green team) for putting the V-Forces in the #1 spot again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I telling you guys we are very lucky to have such an awesome rider on the V-Force. Hopefully Kawasaki will take care of this rider for a long time....

I had my best race yet (GNCC) and this was my 4th GNCC, and my second one on the Big-V. I finished 16th in class, and did all three laps in under 2 hours..."a first for me". I actually had a very fast a good ride going on laps 1 and 2, but decided not to pit for fuel. Well, my fuel light came on not 3 minutes into the last and third lap, I still had about 8 miles or so to go. I simply had to back off and conserve fuel the best I could. This slower pace on the 3rd lap also messed up my rhythm some, and caused me to make a few mistakes, not real bad ones, but just enough to lose me some class positions. Once I knew I only had about 3 miles to go I opened her back up and tried to salvage what I could, and from what I remember, I think positions 6 thru 16 we were all just a minute or so between us all. I am very happy with my ride, that this 38 yr old " old fart" rode, and was able to keep a decent pace with riders half my age. I am getting better each race I run, and this is my goal.

There is so much to talk about, that it is hard to know where to start, the track was awesome! Very fast open sections with long hill climbs that allowed the V-Force to show its strength, I mean on them long hill climbs the power of the Big-V had no problem picking off others quads whether they had pipes and engine mods. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I know we hear allot of this drag racing stuff on flat ground, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] but put a hill climb in the race and then see who's on top, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The V-Force was impressive to say the least and I'm sure you Green Team will agree. Remember our bikes are completely stock engines. There wasn't really allot of V-Forces there, I think maybe only about 10 units between both AM & PM races, but I know I had several spectators come up to me after the race and "all" commented at how us V-Force Riders were tearing up the track, and also how fast we were on the long hill climbs.

The track was about 10-11 miles long each lap, and it had allot of wide open [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] full throttle racing up and down the mountain side, then went back into the woods for a rock infested trail, that was totally the hardest thing I have ever ridden thru, most rocks were the size of basket ***** and larger...I did not have a straight rim on any corner of my V, just wait till you see the pix.

I got a pretty good start, well into the top ten, "hey Green Team" I liked your slow motion 180 you pulled off just has we entered the half pike,... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I got on the binders hard to keep from hitting you, we both then went thru the 1/2 pike together and all the way up that mountain, I was able to stick with you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] until we hit the real rocky section at around miles 3 or 4, and then you checked out on me. Since I was running stock wheels, I had to slow down for fear of getting a flat, I only had fronts for a spare, but any type of flat would have killed my race as the time to change one out without a pit crew would have just been too costly.

Like I said there is so much to talk about, give me a day or so and I will do a race report and post it with plenty of pix.....this will have to hold us over as the GNCC break is now in session, and the next race is not until early September. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Once again Adam, Great Job!
Kawy if your listening on here you guys better take care of this rider, you need him...
he also has a very fast brother too...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I also had a great time, chatting with Adam Howell on Friday, he is very professional at what he does, carries himself proudly and well, and is an excellent spokesperson for Team Green Kawasaki.

later.....tarrat

Old 06-30-2003, 01:10 PM
Range Rover
Default Wisp GNCC

Thanks Tarrat, yeah I was a bit scared when I did the 180 on the second corner. I saw you in the halfpipe and wondered if you followed in behind me when I started flying by people on the uphill.

I would have to say so myself that the BIG V performed amazingly on the uphills out motoring all the other stock ATVs. Maybe all of us V-Force riders that live in the midwest should hook up and ride during the GNCC break.

Old 06-30-2003, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wisp GNCC

Wow! Am I envious of you guys. The closest person to me with a V-Force is three hours away, and the closest race is in Minnesota or Wisconsin. I'd appreciate if someone could give me the closest event to the Canada border on the lake Superior side.

Thumbs up GreenTeam and you too Tarrat, hopefully I will see you guys later in the year.

Leo