Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

??????? PENLAND CAMS FOR THE 650 PRAIRIE

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 11:47 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??????? PENLAND CAMS FOR THE 650 PRAIRIE

Oh yeah, top end is 68 mph. I think that is at the rev limiter. I had another post about that. I wanted more top end to compete even further with my friends raptor. Maybe 35psi in tires...LOL!

Old 07-05-2003, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

rutwad, did you also try a 360 belt?

Old 07-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Trailblazer

nyroc, not yet. Belt only has about 150 miles on it since last replaced and I hate to buy a new one yet.

Old 07-06-2003, 09:12 AM
Trailblazer

I hope no one thinks I was downing their opinion. Obviously, you guys know more about the subject than I do (I'm learning). Because of my background I'm more knowledgable on the electrical side. I've just heard many different opininos on the subject. Between magazines and people posting here it makes me think twice about dropping $350. I guess they should put [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]RESULTS MAY VARY[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] on these things.

Thanks for the info

Old 07-06-2003, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

Hi guys
Believe what alltoys says about his 650, it runs away from mine no problem, It pi$$es me of that he does a high speed wheelie in doing it , I guess i should be thankfull my honda driving friends were not their to see it.
come to think of it,i believe they were having trouble keepin up.

Old 07-06-2003, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys I have a set of four stoke tech cams which had Web cam engraved on them. I think they are more for the top end. Mickey had told me they work best right before the rev limiter. With the bore kit and higher compression he said I wouldn't need any more low end. I was also told they are a very high lift which during break in I really wasn't suppose to let it idle to much because it may wreck the cams.

Maybe someone could tell me if they are possibly the "stage 2" cams Alltoys talks about. I believe they also had a 504 engraved on them not quite sure what the number means, I think it has to do with duration and lift. I may call Web to see what they are?

I hope they are the mid to top end ones, because my machine really has alot of bottom end and not to much mid, but it really screams after 55mph. to the rev limiter at about 68 mph.

Old 07-07-2003, 04:26 AM
Pro Rider

rutwad,
my 650 is now gone as of today along with the cams due to my tradeing it away for a 700 Prairie. I must say that I did notice a power gain with the cams but as I stated before, not enuf to justify spending that much cash! When I first put in the cams and took it out for a ride it ran right up to 71 mph but at the same time I had just put on the HMF exhaust, new belt, clutch springs, air box mods, jetted it, and a few other little mods! Last week end the best I could get outta it was 67mph and the belt was new,,,granted, it has over 1500 very hard miles on it since the cam install but there was a bone stock 03 Prairie along that day that was right on my azz running 66 mph and that's GPS speed, not the speedometer on the dash,, his dash read 65!! I had HMF exhaust at first when the cams were installed but swapped it out later for the big gun,,, that was a mistake as the HMF produced more HP than the big gun does! I was also jetted at,,,,158,,162,,, with air box mods and a Diamond G snorkle and then I had a modual on it at the end which is now on my 700 Prairie but everything else on the 700 is bone stock and it ran 65 mph today,,, can't wait till I get it broke in and start modding it,, you would really like that modual,,, it really wakes up the old Prairie on the bottom end!!

Old 07-07-2003, 08:39 AM
Pro Rider

Prairiewrench, does the DG Holeshot work as good for the 700 as it does for the 650? Details please.

Old 07-07-2003, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

Absolutely YES the Holeshot works on the 700 Prairie,,, I went from lifting the front end 6 inchs on take off to having to hit the brakes with the modual on to keep from going over! WOW,, what a great improvement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-09-2003, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I have similar setup on my 02 Prarrie. Only I have 25" Mudmachines on rear & Holeshot ATRs on front. Did the Progressive front springs make that big of a difference? I'm satisfied with my Penland Cams. Low Gear was scary! Before I added the DG Holeshot Module. Tops out at 67Mph (I'm a 270 lb rider) . Got EPI red & black springs. May have to change out red spring go back to stock. My "P" is brutal on launch & Wants to drag my rear bumper on full throttle takeoffs. Installing the Diamon G Snorkel this weekend. Running 142/145 & K & N now. Can't wait to see how she runs with the new snorkel & tune!!!. A Stock Prarrie is no-contest; hard to drive when you are eating rocks. Can't imagine wanting any more power in Low! Waiting on the Top-End Module!!!!

Quick Reply: ??????? PENLAND CAMS FOR THE 650 PRAIRIE