Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

YEEEE HAAAA I pick up my 700 Prairie in the morning!First ride reports!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YEEEE HAAAA I pick up my 700 Prairie in the morning!

Hey JJS37880, pm me your email address and I will send you some pics!

atvnut2,, I'm not just trading straight across, when the dealer gets my old 650 it will have the new 700 plastic, bumpers, handle bars, racks and tires and rims on it! I'm keeping my lime green plastic, tag bars, beadlock rims, and so on! I'm not 100% what I got for a deal yet as I have not gotten all the paper work but my dealer said he was giving me around $4900 for mine after I get all the new stuff off the 700 and put it on the 650!

newbeatle, I'm not riding the 700 till I have all the parts switched so I won't be able to run them side by side! I'd love to have done that but I made a deal with the Kawi dealer and I'm sticking to my end which means no riding it till all parts are switched. That way the plastics won't have any scratchs and the tires will have no wear on them!
I'm planning to get to ride it Sunday so I will let you know then what I think!

Old 07-05-2003, 10:22 PM
Trailblazer

man tell us when you get it im dying to hear how it is and how bad it can stomp dad's Rincon and top speed. Why arent any mags testing them

Old 07-06-2003, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

rincon stomper, a stock P650 will already walk all over a rincon. I do it to my brother in law every time.

Old 07-06-2003, 10:37 AM
Trailblazer

i know dad thinks its close but I know the 700 will smoke him

Old 07-06-2003, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

ATV,Gurl,
How did you do at the Hare Scramble I was waiting for results on your exploits have to watch out for that Prairie Wrench fellow if he had a chance to tune your machine before the race LOL.Let us now how what your results were I am curious.

Old 07-07-2003, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

Peltrax,

I'm actually the one on the Rancher, my husband is on the Prairie in those pics. I need to get some pics of me on it, but you know, he is not one to pull out the camera; maybe that's more of a girl thing? So we have WAY more pics of him. The Prairie 650, and 700 now that I've ridden one, are really awesome for jumping!!

Alltoys,

Let's not talk about that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Well, I'll tell anyway, I rode someone else's 250ex and was in the sport B class. I came in fiftth....out of five....four guys and me. If I could change anything, it would be: to be in shape for that long of a race, to actually have ridden the vehicle prior to the race (I've never even ridden a sport machine for more than a couple minutes, let alone 90 minutes racing), to have the shifter adjusted so my foot fits under it, to wear riding boots that fit me and are not 3 sizes too big (they were someone else's that I've never worn before--I've never even used riding boots before), to be used to wearing a chest protector (that was only the second time), and to have a camelback (it was really dusty, that didn't help being thirsty). Were all those things different, I probably could've actually been some competition for them. I am hoping there is a women's class next time. I've been begging but we'll see what they do. In the meantime, I will work on endurance and getting more of a sporty machine for racing. Thanks for asking, though!

And about the p700.... (I'll stop hijacking the thread, Prairiewrench), for a new machine it sure doesn't feel different at all to me because everything is basically the same--the feel of it is like the p650 so it is comfortable instead of something new to get used to. BUT, it does kick **** in a drag against a p650! All I did today on it was drag race on one and jump a bunch on Prairiewrench's, so I don't know about trail riding, I would assume it's very similar to the p650. The stock suspension is awesome for jumping! I had a blast on it!

Old 07-07-2003, 02:50 AM
Pro Rider

ATV, Gurl,
I have learned in the past that comfort is a major thing when racing. Even if you have the ability racing is %90 mental. I can see you will be a force to recon with in the future,.......you know what you want. What you need is a machine to fit you, I think the V700 and P700 are to big a machine to be comfortable. If I were to put you on an excellent racing platform I could see you on a Predator 500 done to the handle bars. I was impressed with this quad I know you would be also. With this unit under you the guys would have a hard time keeping up with you!!!!!!!!!!! Something to think about!!!!!!!!!

Prairiewrench,
Sounds like you guys have been haveing fun LOL Your 700 versus PBR's sounds like fun I would like to be there for that one!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-07-2003, 03:52 AM
Pro Rider

Hey all,
I finally got to take the 700 out for a spin as atvgurl has beat me to telling ya! LOL!!! Alltoys, you should see all 110lbs of atvgurl jumping that 700 Prairie,,, I know guys that wouldn't take um as hard as she does!!!!!!!!!! She can handle it well!!! You really should have seen her eyes when I told her to take it for a ride over them jumps,,,, eyes big as saucers and a grin from ear to ear! Her husband just stood and shook his head because as she took off she spun mud onto his boots! LOL She seems to know the only 2 speeds ther are,,, stopped and or wide open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!

Ok, now as for the ride, I started out with a whole 1 mile on it when I got there, 13 miles later I was being winched out of a mud/water hole that was up to the top of the fenders!!!!!!!!!! Good way to break it in! LOL!!! I have it all stock except for the lime green plastics and beadlock rims with all trak tires. Oh,, and I had to put on the little modual I got from alltoys,,,I have to say that the 700 with the modual on it runs just as hard as my modified 650 did but doe's not have the top speed the 650 had! I stood by and watched Leo drag race the other 700 Prairie that was there several times and every time Leo was 1 to 2 lengths ahead, I figure this is just due to the modual on the take off letting him get ahead right away! It handles and acts just like the 650 because that is really all it is,,, just a few more cc's and a little longer stroke on the crank! I can't wait to see how it runs with the cams from Diamond G and a few other mods they are providing us with as our sponcers for the 12 Hours Of America Atv race! As it is it definatly has more bottom end power than the 650 but really lags on the top, the best I could get outta it was 65 mph,, I expected a little more I guess. It also drinks more gas I noticed,, 28 miles and down to 3 bars on the gauge! Hey alltoys, did you ever get that biger extra tank made for yours,, I think we may need your old one for the race! Ok, well it's way past bed time so I'll get off here for now, I may have to edit this tomorrow after I read it with my eyes open! lol

Oh, 1 more thing, I did put the new front bumper and racks on my 650 to trade it in so I definately know they will swap right over! I will get you guy's that asked for pics some tomorrow as soon as I get the chance!

Old 07-07-2003, 12:30 PM
Trailblazer
Default YEEEE HAAAA I pick up my 700 Prairie in the morning!First ride reports!

Oh,, and I had to put on the little modual I got from alltoys,,,
Message sent regaurding Module [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2003, 08:35 PM
Trailblazer
Default YEEEE HAAAA I pick up my 700 Prairie in the morning!First ride reports!

remember your 700 isnt broke in yet so you'll gain a few more mph

Quick Reply: YEEEE HAAAA I pick up my 700 Prairie in the morning!First ride reports!