Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Big Gun Exhaust---won't honor warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 01:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Gun Exhaust---won't honor warranty

I am not sure about hours, I had about 250 or 300 miles when it started. The rivets started coming loose, and where the muffler bolts to the factory pipe started leaking. I could put my hand where the pipes connect and feel it leaking, and it kept getting worse. I took it to the dealer and he said it would be up to big gun to fix it, but they had a warranty and he knew I had not had it long. He said they don't sell big gun anymore. That told me I was not the first to have problems with them.

Old 07-10-2003, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

Mine always leaked a little. I have exhaust wrap on there now so that should fix that, i hope my rivets dont come loose. May be thats a good reason to get the MBRP duals when they come out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2003, 02:34 PM
Trailblazer

Big Gun sent me an email the other day letting me know that they have the Big Gun dual setup for the 700 V Force. I asked how much as I am looking for a system and get this....$799.95 ....NO way on gods green earth. Looks like I will be looking at the HMF or the DMC. That price was without shipping.......Ouch

Old 07-10-2003, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

No Big Goon exhaust for me, thank you!

Old 07-10-2003, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

HMF is going to start making the full system once again. I love mine and have had not troubles....

The quality is top notch and the notes it makes at the rear rock

Old 07-10-2003, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

There was a whole big thread about this on Highlifter a while back.
99% of Biggun owners said they were crap.
They all had problems with the rivots and packing.

Andy

Old 07-11-2003, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

F.Y.I.

I got a Pro-circuit pipe and silencer in 2002. The silencer end cap did the same type of thing you guys are talking about. I sent it back and they replaced the whole silencer with a 2003 model which is a larger 4 in. diameter then the 2002. They said the 03 made a couple more HP. It was over six months old and they didn't even charge me!

Big Gun should back their products!

The Pro-circuit is loud. I have the silencer core and it doesn't work well. Not with my motor, it doesn't allow exhaust out quickly enough.

I heard White Brothers have a new pipe for the 700 V-force with one silencer and equal length pipes that may fit on 650P! If they were smart they would have so they can sell it for the new 700P. It should be available some time this month. The cost will be cheaper than most with only one silencer. Equal length pipes should help improve your power on the 700 V-force, 650P and 700P.

Old 07-11-2003, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider

I think I may slip a message to someone at Big Gun and tell them they should see all the bad rep they are giving them selves on the forums!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe this will wake them up!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-11-2003, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

Have any of you heard of or used The Power Pros exhaust systems????????? I was informed that it is one of the best exhaust according to the dyno for HP gains!!!!!! They have a web site and I have emailed them for more info! I will let you know what I find out or hopefully one of you has some input here!

Old 07-11-2003, 09:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider

If you are going too get a Big Gun exhaust....you may as well get a Cobra or DG. They don't back their power claims up.....this is the first I have heard about poor customer service though. I suppose when business drops off you have too cut corners. Basically, their exhaust systems SUCK IMO.

Quick Reply: Big Gun Exhaust---won't honor warranty