Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Removing front rack Good or Bad

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing front rack Good or Bad

I want to remove my front racks then put an o4 bumper. I think this combo would look kick azz. But i like jumping my prairie i uasally get between 3-4 feet of air. Im worrying about braking my front shock mounts . Do you guys think i should be okay or should i just not jump *** high.

One more thing can someone tell me the price of an 04 bumper.......... And can someone confirm if they are changible with o2 and 03 p650

Old 07-11-2003, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

I'm pretty sure that once you're capable of jumping, it's impossible NOT to jump as high. It's like the 10hour break-in, sure I meant to, but......

Old 07-11-2003, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

tell me about it i ride with dirbikers so i dont want to be shown up so i usally get as much air as they do. thats why i whant to know if i should worry about broken shock mounts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2003, 09:06 PM
Trailblazer

Prairievenom, I am in the process of doing the same thing. I have had my racks off for about 8 months now with nothing broken. I also like to jump. I just priced all the parts for the bumper today at the dealer. All bolts, pins and everything came to around $150. I was gonna try to find the parts at ronayers.com when they come out. It might be a little cheaper there.

Old 07-11-2003, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

Hi Prairievenom, Yes you can remove your racks but you have to replace the reinforcement that the rack provides on the front or you will bend your front shock mounts. I know Mike Penland is having some reinforcement brackets made for people who want to do this. When we did it we used the rack and built a "mini" rack no bigger then the bolt pattern. We eventually took this a step further and used the "mini" rack to mount a set of Eagle Eye HID lights on. If you want to know more send me an e-mail and I'll reference you to an article that discribes how we did it for our Project Quad.

Old 07-11-2003, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

To answer your question about if the parts swap, yes they all do! I have done it but I did it the other way around, I took all my stuff off ht e02 650 and stuck it on my new 700 Prairie! The front bumper on the new 700 does not provide enuf protection for the headlights and the front plastic for the way we ride and where we ride!

Old 07-11-2003, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

I've seen PrairieWrench ride and he's right - the way he rides no bumper will protect the plastic! Oh ya, you built that bumper for me - Ops. By the way PrairieWrench's bumper held up to the oak tree better then I did!

Old 07-11-2003, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

LOL, maybe I need to make you a bumper for your ribs Oldmanwheeler! LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2003, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

Or build your quadruple jumps farther away from the biggest oak tree in the woods!!! LOL For everyone else out there the old man found out the hard way that 45 year olds can't keep up with 20 year olds on a snow covered motocross track. Especially when you have PrairieWrench behind ya bumping ya in the rear bumper. That's my story and I'm sticking with it! LOL The truth is P650's, ice & snow covered motocross tracks and trying to do two doubles in a row between trees don't work - trust me I know. And to think this all got started with Prairievenom wanting to know if it was a good idea to remove the racks. The answer is yes because when you hit a tree they won't get bent! LOL

Old 07-12-2003, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

i uasaly get around 4 feet of air and go about 25ft long.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

does anybody have any more comments on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Removing front rack Good or Bad