Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Trail Tech update

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trail Tech update

Hi guys,

I spoke with the nice lady at trail tech yesterday and the low down is:

1. You do have to upgrade the handlebars to 1 1/8 inch bars, which requires a little trimming of the components that fit on the bars(switches, levers, throttle...etc.)
2. The computer does fit on the top of the mount as thier others do...I like that.
3. The V's dash lights console fit in the mount....I like that.
4. You must relocate the ignition switch altogether, which I imagine must facilitate cutting a hole in the plastic body....I DON'T LIKE THAT.

I suppose there are pros and cons to upgrading to harder/stronger handlebars. The pros are, you will have a nicer looking and stronger bar in case you roll the bike. The con is the bars are very hard and have "no give" so you end up bending the steering stem, like a freind of mine did on his banshee. Having bars that bend is not all bad.

Old 07-19-2003, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

Brewster, I can't believe you haven't changed bars yet, you don't know what you're missing. The handling is so much better with Renthals, and way more comfortable. I'm planning on giving the TrailTech's a try after I bend my current bars.

Old 07-19-2003, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

Hi 2lman,

what is it about new bars that make the V handle better?(I am being serious here....)? Is it the angle the new bars are bent at vs stock bars? I like the current height of the stock bars and don't want to go any lower.

Old 07-19-2003, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

I wasn't told that you needed to relocate the ignition swith, I too DON"T like that, I'll take a look Monday when they hit my door. What did they mean by "trimming the controls to fit"? Thats kinda scary too. Putt

Old 07-19-2003, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah Putt that is what she said......ignition switch has to be moved somewhere else, like on the side of the plastic. On the handlebars, since you are moving up to a 1 1/8" I suppose it won't fit so you got to do some "trimming". I think i will wait until I see your review of the situation before I place my order. I do love how the trail tech computer and dash lights fits onto it though. It looks really nice.

Old 07-19-2003, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Brewster, I'll diffinitly let you know. As far as the trimming, I've installed these bars before, they are tapered at the ends so that they accomadate the stock controls, on my DS and Predator anyway. But maybe because of the amount of "stuff" on the V, it may exceed the taper. We'll see, I just checked the tracking number, They'd be here right now if UPS delivered on a Saturday, they're sitting right down the street. I'll get back to you Monday, Take care, Putt

Old 07-19-2003, 10:58 PM
Trailblazer

Tmm2good,, I used the number 1755.. that's what you'll come up with if you do the math with the stock 22" tires... The highest speed I've gotten with the trailtech was 78mph.. that was down a really really steep hill.. so I imagine around 75 would be a good bet for straight road...

Old 07-19-2003, 10:59 PM
Trailblazer

also... my gas light comes on at 45 miles

Old 07-20-2003, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Vforcerider,

I was just getting ready to get out the tape measure.
I am going to reset mine to see if that brings it more into line.

Old 07-22-2003, 01:42 AM
Trailblazer

tmm2good... was wondering how did you make out with the new measurement?

Quick Reply: Trail Tech update