Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Trail Tech update

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003 | 04:02 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Trail Tech update

Last night I ordered Trail Techs billet bar clamp and 1 1/8 X bars for my V. This morning I recieved a E-Mail telling me that the standard Billet bar clamp is back ordered but the Billet bar clamp and dash which holds there speedometer/computer is available now. Right on! I didn't even know they had this available yet. Billet Bar clamp with Logo, Speedo/computer and Polished 1 1/8 X bars, 260.00 total. They shipped out today. Just wanted to let everyone know in case any of you are interested, Putt

Old 07-17-2003 | 04:05 PM
|
Pro Rider

Also, for your information. I just recieved the Pro Armor Front Bumper this morning. I just finished installing it, took a whole five minutes. Fit and finish superb. Makes the front end look a whole lot more aggresive. Later, Putt

Old 07-17-2003 | 11:14 PM
Trailblazer

Hey putt how much did the trail tech stuff cost ya? I have the computer on my V but, I didn't know they had the dashboard mount now. Watch getting the underside of the computer wet.. it shorts the connections and your speed will be like 140mph and it screws your odometer and trip meter up then you have to reset everything. I've done that twice, once, riding through the water and the other time spraying my V off with the hose... When are you going to get some pictures of that bumper? I'm getting ready to buy one but, not sure which I want.

Old 07-17-2003 | 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Putt, can you post the link so I can see this product? I just got the trail tech computer last week and have not installed it yet.

Thanks,

Old 07-18-2003 | 02:40 AM
|
Pro Rider

It was a surprise to me too. Like I said,I ordered the Billet Bar clamp which is on there web page and got a e-mail today saying the standard bar clamp was on back order and they asked if I'd be interested in the Bar clamp with the biult it computer dash. I said heck yea, thats what I'd perfer anyway. I've installed their computer system on every quad I've built. I've alway enjoyed it. Not just that but their 1 1/8th X bars are totally awesome. Part nubers are.....

1 020L-PDF-X Kawasaki KFX700 X-Bar/ Clamp Combo Model: High/ Polished (high rise bar,polished finsh)
$174.95

1 4010-20 Honda ATV/ Kawasaki KFX700 Computer Kit $79.95

The Pro Armor front bumper went on today but I'm holding off on the completed pictures until they send me the Nerfs and rear bumper, then the biuld will be complete, lets see if I can hold onto this one for awhile :-)
Putt

Old 07-18-2003 | 02:48 AM
Pro Rider

For those of you that have installed the trail tech on your V, what number did you program in ? I used the 22 inch Honda number they listed in the instructions. (1676). I just installed it and I was having the gas lite come on after 35 miles..and I could only hit 60 down a straight dirt road.

Old 07-18-2003 | 03:10 AM
Trailblazer
Old 07-18-2003 | 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

That looks real nice but:

1. Where does the key for the ignition go?

2. Does the computer fit at the top?

3. Will this all work with stock handlebars or do the handlebars need to be upgraded?

4. I am still fuzzy on the benefit of upgrading to aftermarket handlebars ........

Old 07-19-2003 | 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

1. Where does the key for the ignition go? Same place

2. Does the computer fit at the top? I have mine off to the top right side, just like the pic. it does not cover any lights and I can still see the computer.

3. Will this all work with stock handlebars or do the handlebars need to be upgraded? Mine is all stock

4. I am still fuzzy on the benefit of upgrading to aftermarket handlebars ........ me to.....

Old 07-19-2003 | 03:08 AM
|
Pro Rider

Hey guys, if these questions are being asked to me, I'm not sure. The Billet dash that acomadates the computer is not on thier web site as is the standard dash. The gal on the phone that I talked to told me the computer is at the top of the dash, just like every other application you see on thier page. I would think that the key is below that and the square indicator light pod at the bottom. I just checked the tracking number they sent me and it will hit my door step on Monday. Seeing that there are a few of you interested, I will snap a couple pix's and post them in my gallery Monday, I promise. I am pretty sure however that the Billet clamp (standard or computer dash) only will accomadate the 1 1/8th X bar, not the stock handlebars. But why would you want to keep those cheap, weak bars anyway if your going to install this beatifull billet dash, doesn't make sense. There X bars and twice as strong as the stock bars and a hundred times better looking. They also come in three heights (highly recommend the high bar for the V) and four finishes, titanium, silver, gold and high polish (I ordered the silver, they told me the high polish bars are alittle weaker because of the polishing process) I have this set up on my DS-650, take a look at my pix's, I think I have a close up of the set up, if not, I do on my compter and I'll post as soon as I post this response. I will however post pix's on Monday of the ones for the V as soon as they hit my door, have a great weekend all, Putt

Quick Reply: Trail Tech update