Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Running from the law!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running from the law!

Well, not really, but last night while riding down a dirt road a cop rode up behind me and was following me really close. My heart was pounding while I had thoughts of high dollar fines or worse yet, having my V impounded! As I got ready to floor the throttle and do my best impression of the guys in the huevos videos, the cop pulled over and stopped. After riding far enough away from him, I immediately had to pull over and relieve myself.

How many of you actually ran from the police and was it worth it?

Old 07-18-2003, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

If I ran from the police in my area they would know exactly who it was and where to find me! That would suck to out run a cop and go home to find him at your door step....lol.

Old 07-18-2003, 08:43 AM
Trailblazer

I ran away from the cops once, while running away my heart was poundind and i nearlly pissed my pants especially when he turned on to a farmers tractor path with his 4x4 Tohoe (nice cop truck) and kept comming after me with his lights and siren going! I then turned into a corn field took out about 1Km of corn in my way and made it home. I'am now watching out for them just in case but good thing i'am moving 2hrs north of here in 3 weeks![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2003, 08:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Not a good idea too run from the police....you could easily have a nutso behind you that bumps you too get you too stop. You do the deed, be a man and take the punishment.

Old 07-18-2003, 08:51 AM
Range Rover

i run from the cops every now and then, a couple of them decided to build there houses right next to the powerlines we ride at and then they get pissed when we ride, they said they knew we rode there before they bought the houses and stuff, anywho they all know where we live now but for the hell of it if they want me to stop i just gun it out of there, also had a farmer in a jeep chase us with his shotgun also, found out a couple days ago that he lost control of it and flipped it on the powerlines and it blew up into flames. and a couple cops also chased us on grizzly 660's didnt get very far , they did great in the mud tho

Old 07-18-2003, 08:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: boob
i run from the cops every now and then, a couple of them decided to build there houses right next to the powerlines we ride at and then they get pissed when we ride, they said they knew we rode there before they bought the houses and stuff, anywho they all know where we live now but for the hell of it if they want me to stop i just gun it out of there, also had a farmer in a jeep chase us with his shotgun also, found out a couple days ago that he lost control of it and flipped it on the powerlines and it blew up into flames.
THats a long sentence! I think the farmer needs a beat down visit.

Old 07-18-2003, 09:02 AM
Range Rover

lol, i get carried away with the commas, and yes that farmer does need a beat down, very mean person

Old 07-18-2003, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

LMAO @ Gary - Not Just a mod but a English teacher as well LOL ! I also noticed that he was longwinded there too but, i was more worried about the guy who flipped the jeep and exploded .

Old 07-20-2003, 10:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

nope never had...got pulled over once for riding in town...cop said that I was "driving all over the road" stayed mostly on the side...I was 14 then and didnt have a atv liscense...so he could have busted me on driving on a paved road...operating a atv that was to large...but he let me go with a warning!!! but my dad has beed pulled over and got fined 100$ for not having 2 of the registration cards on him...they were out riding the back roads...he then got talked to by the dnr officer...my dad works on his truck...so you stop and chances are you will get away with a little punishment if any

Old 07-20-2003, 11:12 PM
Range Rover

A while back the cops started cracking down on atv riding in my area (near my house). We are blessed with lots of miles to ride. So on two occassions, when I'd come out on the road, once a cop car started coming at me so I went back into the woods as fast as I could and disappeared(but I don't know that he wsa really after me). The other time, I was pulling out of the woods and a cop was passing by. He pulled a u-turn and put on his lights, and as he was turning around, I never looked his direction and kept straight and went into the woods. Got away then too! Also got away while driving once. I was speeding at about 12 over when I heard the radar detector going crazy. Passed the cop and in the rear view mirror I saw his tail lights and his lights come on so I slammed the brakes, turned off and started cutting through some tight backroads and lost him after two turns. Got away - if I hadn't I'd probably be writing this from jail. I figure I'd better be smarter and not get myself into these positions because I'm about due to get caught. I'd advise the same to you guys. Be smart!

Quick Reply: Running from the law!