Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki Promo Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 06:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki Promo Question

just contacted the BBB.........i really wanted to keep a good relationship with my dealer......but it just ain't gonna happen.

Old 08-23-2003, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

I also got my new 700P with no idea about the promo! I found it when I went to Kawasaki.com to check out the new V Force colors and right below the V was the promo for the winch or blade! If you read it tho it clearly states,,,, at participating dealers! The dealer has to pay a portion of that accoroding to my dealer and they usually add it into the purchase price! I'm suppose to go sign the papers to get my winch on Monday but I think I will have a chat with my dealer first! He had no idea about the promo till I called him on it and after some discussion he called me back to tell me he will get me the winch but he cut me such a "great deal" when I got the 700P that he wants me to pay his portion of the winch for me to get it! My total to get it will be $125.00!!!!!!!!! Hows that for a load of crap! I traded in my 650 which I know he sold for $5000.00 and I paid a difference of almost $2300.00!!!!!!!! I paid full retail plus I got the 4 year warranty!!! I got hosed and now he wants to stick it in a little farther!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-23-2003, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

I traded my 02 650 in last week, picked up my H-D Hardwoods camo 700 Wed. paid $ 1900.00 difference, I hope my dealer gave me a good deal???????

Old 08-23-2003, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

sorry...I paid $1969.00 difference with the winch also.......

Old 08-23-2003, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

After checking around I found I could have gotten a better deal 26 miles away. And no hassle over the winch. I have bought 6 different vechiles from this dealer in less than 3 years, and unfortunately my last. Next one I drive a half hour first.

Old 08-23-2003, 02:52 PM
Range Rover

Its my understanding that these promotions are "at participating dealers". So...some will...some won't.

Moo,
WheelCow

Old 08-24-2003, 04:38 AM
Pro Rider

let me make this clear...........my dealer is participating. and like prairiewrench's experiance they want me to pay a portion of the "hit" they would take if sold for $69 dollars. I did not get a good deal on my bike. $6099.....sold at other dealers a short drive away for 5899.......i thought this dealer was going to be a good one.

I don't give two shakes of a rats behind how much money they lose on this deal......they knew going into this promo that they may have to take a hit now and then (at least they should have). If they didn't want to lose a buck or two then they should have elected to NOT be a participating dealer......

i am getting the better business bureau involved. seems as though kawie has covered there behind with the "particpating dealer" schpeal but my dealer is in the wrong for not selling me a winch for 69 bucks when i pointed out the promo to them......

this whole thing gets me red..............

l8r
cart

Old 08-24-2003, 10:49 AM
Range Rover

i am getting the better business bureau involved. seems as though kawie has covered there behind with the "particpating dealer" schpeal but my dealer is in the wrong for not selling me a winch for 69 bucks when i pointed out the promo to them......

this whole thing gets me red..............

l8r
cart

Don't get me wrong....this might well qualify as a bait and switch deal (which has gotten many a business into trouble). It has happened to me twice. First when I bought a Yamaha Grizzly and most recently when I bought
the 2003 Kawi 650. So Kawasaki isn't the only manufacturer pulling this. (They all might be doing it in various fashions.) I hope you get some satisfaction in this mess.

Moo,
WheelCow

Old 08-24-2003, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

Stakk,

My difference was $2,024; for what it is worth.

Old 08-24-2003, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

That is part of what gripes me on this deal too. I payed full retail and they still acted like I wanted there first born too. I have never before paid full retail for a vehicle, I wanted this one bad enough to pay it, but their attitude over this sale will cost them a bunch of future business. Their loss, that is why the dealship in a smaller town seems to be growing and they don't. Live and learn, treat customers good they come back treat them bad they don't.

Quick Reply: Kawasaki Promo Question