Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

i need help with my mojave..=)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003 | 12:16 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default i need help with my mojave..=)

hello im new to the forum's..and i just wanted to say that i have a mojave 250 2001 which ive had for about 2 years now..im still need practice but im good enough..i would like to modify it,but i wouldnt know what to get for it..so i would like to ask for your help..

i would like to make it faster,safer,and stronger if possible..
i have friends which have banshees and warrior's..and i keep on arguing with them that mojave is better than warrior and maybe banshee ..hehe=P .isnt that true??!?!

thanks MOJAddict

Old 07-30-2003 | 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

pipe, filter, and jets for a bit faster also get a 13t front sprocket. nerf bars will make it a lot safer. be sure to get some new tires too those stock dunflops suck. that should keep you entertained for awhile.

Old 08-06-2003 | 05:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Let me know how you make out on the modifications. I have a 2003 mojave and love it except for the restrictive air intake and exhaust. I removed the Rubber cup covering the air inlet under the headlight cowling last night and now it is too lean and cuts out. I can't believe that made that much difference in the air flow. Just goes to show how close to the edge they come jetted from the factory. It looks like time for some jetting action on my part.

Old 08-06-2003 | 06:42 PM
Trailblazer

Remember that the tire size on the rear will also make a difference of what gear ratio your running. I put a 13T on the front sprocket and it was too tall of a gear, the engine wouldn't top out in 5th. I have the stock tires on the rear and dropped a few teeth on the back sprocket. It was a little more money but instead of making such a jump you might want to work the math on the ratios of each gear combo. Also if with the stock gears if your engine isn't going to the rev limiter in 5th you need more engine, not gears.