Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V- Force pink spring report

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V- Force pink spring report

Hey guys, sorry it took so long!

Well the ups guy dropped off the pink spring today from EPI. The first thing I did after throwing it in was to cruise the V around the yard a couple of times. The rpm engagement is really close to the origional spring, maybe just slightly higher. There is no jump during engagement whatsoever. The next thing was to try the holeshots. The front still lifts up more than I would like, and it seems to have the same takeoff as it had before right up to 35 mph. I then rode it up the road where I could open it up to the higher speeds and YUP! this is where things got interesting. The imagionary wall the V would hit at around 40 mph was not there anymore! The engine pulled hard all the way to top speed seemingly without leveling out at all! I was afraid that it was going to hit the rev limiter but it never did. I mean the engine was really screaming! I'm not going to say the V is going to be running down Banshees any time soon, but I will say I dont have to eat Raptor dirt on the higher speeds anymore. Sure, there are other springs out there that are better for drag racing, but I feel the pink is the perfect spring for all around use. Perfect for trail riding as well as keeping raptors behind you!

Come on guys, get your springs and lets go Raptor Hunting!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2003, 02:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

great report...I think it is about time that the raptors do as there animal conter part...die and never be seen again...they should be left behind and never be seen again...lol

Old 07-31-2003, 02:26 AM
Range Rover

Yeah VT great report. That was what I was waiting to hear. I will order mine tomorrow first thing!!

Old 07-31-2003, 07:51 AM
Pro Rider

Dalton blue kaw primary spring will be ready to ship today. Slightly noticeable engagement increase,155 load at 1.25".

Old 07-31-2003, 11:50 AM
Range Rover

So, is the pink EPI sping and the Dalton Blue spring the same thing?

Old 07-31-2003, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

Looking at the specs on the pink spring, it is going to be only a slight improvement over the stock spring but surely enough to justify the low cost. If you have a good set of pipes on the V you're going to need something stiffer than the pink to make it run like it can. Something like the pink spring SHOULD have been the stock V-Force spring.

A spring that offers a little stall is going to help break the tires loose a little instead of pulling the front-end up and its going to get your RPM's up quicker than a spring that engages instantly.

Old 07-31-2003, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

Sound as though they may be similar,but not sure. A Dalton blue is a Dalton Blue.

Old 07-31-2003, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

Blue offers approx 250 rpm increase in engagement.

Old 07-31-2003, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

The 3 inch dark green spring I have from Hotseat allows stall until 2800 rpm. Like Kevin says it makes it more managable for launching the V without pulling the front end up. I can get the rpm's up with power braking to around 3800-4000 for the holeshot. Thatallows me to break the tires loose very nicely.

Old 07-31-2003, 01:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Where can I order this sprn g from?? I looed on EPI's website yesterday and didn't see a "pink" spring anywhere[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Thanks,

Bigger.

Quick Reply: V- Force pink spring report