Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Yoshimura Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 12:05 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yoshimura Dual Exhaust

Anyone actually have the Yoshi system installed on there Vforce? Can you tell me your thoughts? Does it meet your expectations? I'm going to Dyno my V-force again with a set tomorrow. We'll see how they stack up to the DMC Alien.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-02-2003, 12:08 AM
Range Rover

Stan, I think your the only one w/ a set at this moment! Hope you like them man and good luck.

BTW is anyone going to Loretta Lynns MX national in 2 weeks? Ill be there racing a 700 in either OPEN A or Pro Production.
Hope to see some of you there.

Old 08-02-2003, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

Stan,
Please post the dyno results and your impressions of the Yoshi system.
Thanks,
Mark

Old 08-02-2003, 04:39 PM
Range Rover

Greenteam where is loretta? I would be interested! Is it cross country racing or Mx?

Old 08-03-2003, 02:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi V people. I'm new to this forum. I just put my Yoshi dual system on this week. It's beautiful ! I got the stainless system, the mufflers are tri oval. I had them sound tested at Hollister Hills Thursday, 92db.without quiet cores! Sounds sweet! As for power, I had 10 Uni vents in my lid already. They felt flat with stock jetting (which they recomend ) and with the Dyno-jet kit. I kept the DJ needles and went with my largest mains 140 145, felt much better than stock but still lean. I will work my way to 160 165 when my new jets come in. This motor has some Rage inside, just need to help it come out!
I don't think they save any weight (stainless steel). and you should run the stock heat guard. (Burned hole in leg !)
Pink and red spring (EPI) are in the mail. Hope this helped. This forum is a great place for info. Thanks!!!!

Old 08-03-2003, 08:28 PM
Range Rover

Kawy- Loretta Lynns is just west of Nashville Tennessee, it is going to be a MX race.

Old 08-03-2003, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer

Oh yeah...Adam,
take the big-V down there and show them what a "utility" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] quad can do on the mx stuff...and if anybody can ...it's you....

Meadows looked real good on his V at the TT Nationals this weekend, he took 4th in open-pro. This is the first I have actually been able to watch a V in action (racing), since I am the only one around here racing one, and these things are impressively quick and fast looking when watched. He may have done even better, but he was getting run down on the long back straight away. He and his dad both agreed that the only downfall of the V is getting past "the wall" that the V runs into at top end rpm & speed, and also there is currently no gearing options to work with when running the smaller race tires( he was running 20"). He was tearing them up on the infield part of the track, and then any ground or positions that he had gained, he would lose on the loooong straight.

I think last nights TT race at Orrville ( Cody Hearst Memorial) could have been the fastest (in speeds) that I have seen on any TT in some time.

S. Hitt took the win in pro.
M. Walsh took the win in pro-production and T.Farr took a nasty spill in the oval part of the track. Looked real nasty as his quad must of flipped 3-4 times high end over end, he just sort of laid there for a few minutes, but then jumped up and was going to continue, but was unable to make the bike repairs in the allowed amount of time...so he missed the main.

J Meadows also took third in pro-production on his KFX 400

Green T....can you run prop-production with the 700...I hope! I would love to see you do it...I think you may open some eyes.....

Are you going to run your GNCC set up or change some stuff?...I'm assuming the latter

A couple of the local guys here are doing Loretta's...maybe I'll load the V up and meet up with ya down there too.

I think I will/would do Vet and open A.......I'll let you know

........tarrat