Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

more KFX700's these days

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more KFX700's these days

Yesterday at the dunes there were 5 green Vforces including mine. I was the only one with paddles or pipe. I'm happy to see them getting popular though. I saw 2 new 450's but they weren't racing sand mountin, they were just putting around having fun. Some really polite guys came to our trailor during lunch and asked me to race them. I said as long as you dont have banshees. Turns out they had 2 piped rappys and a Z . MY friend joined us on his rappy and another mystery Z showed up for the launch. I'm happy to say I took second behind my friend. The other raptors were VERY close but the Z's were not. We raced a second time with the same results. I think the 700 is gonna be popular at the dunes.

Old 08-04-2003, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

I went to the Walden dunes last weekend, the only thing I saw more of were banshee's. The 700's are becoming a popular trail/dune quad. And I know why, just like any one who has ridden one !!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2003, 09:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

i was wondering if they were any good. ive been thinking on getting one. how rough is the ride?

Old 08-04-2003, 09:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

I can't speak for everyone else, but mine isn't rough at all. I upgraded my rear shock to an elka for more adjustability, and will most likley go with elkas on the front, but not because the stock shocks are rough. It wrode and handled just fine with the stock shock.

As for V's getting more popular,......I let two guys try out mine this last Sunday. They rode it on an ATV track that has some good jumps and tight corners that are great for powersliding. One of them was on a Honda 400, the other was on a Polaris Predator. They both said the same thing, they bought the wrong bikes. Not only was the V just as nimble in the corners, it was faster in the jump sections and straights. I'm starting to see more and more V's at the park I ride at,.......and am happy to see them. The more they sell, ....the more there will be aftermarket stuff for them.

-Rudy

Old 08-04-2003, 09:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

thats what i was wondering. ive got a polaris sportsman now and was thinking on getting a sporter like the kfx but i wasnt sure how smooth they rode compared to the sportsman.

Old 08-04-2003, 09:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

What sold me on the V was the "Auto" trani. I learned to ride on a Polaris trailblazer 250. When I started looking for a more powerful bike,......the V was just comming out. Not only am I very happy with my decesion, ..my wife and stepdaughter ride it and love it too. Personaly..I don't think you can go wrong with a V.

-Rudy

Old 08-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Plowboy,
Your sportsman (500 I'm assuming) has 4 wheel independent suspension and is probably one of the smoothest utility quads on the market. The V-Force won't be as plush a ride. But you need to compare it to other sport bikes. So test drive all of the candidates and make your choice. One thing I noticed (and it should be obvious) is that the brand new shocks take a few miles to break-in . They won't be as stiff after a while as when you took the bike for a test drive at the dealer.

IMHO, you can improve the suspension greatly but upgrading the suspension as a lot of owners on this forum have. Elka, Ohlin, Custom Axis, PEP, and Works shocks are good aftermarket upgrades that will smooth out the ride.

Mark

Trending Topics

Old 08-05-2003, 11:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanx to all of you who answered my questions about the kfx. i went and test rode one tonight. man does it ride nice. my only problem was that the dealer wanted $7695. i know that wheelers are high but sh%t. gonna look around some more and see if i can find any cheaper. man i want one though. the one i rode was a 700. i think it had more power than my pick-up.

Old 08-05-2003, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

That sounds kind of high. The list price is $6499.

Mark

Old 08-06-2003, 12:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yea, keep shopin. I got mine for 6000 no freight or prep.

Quick Reply: more KFX700's these days