Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

mojave, the most underrated quad ever???

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 09:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mojave, the most underrated quad ever???

correct me if im wrong but doesnt the mojave have double cams and the 300ex doesnt? in that case the 300ex given the mojaves mods wouldnt yeild as much horespower yes? the double cams and liquid cooling are the key fetures that respond great to mods, well not the cooling

Old 08-06-2003, 09:33 PM
Range Rover

My brother in law had a '01 Mojave and a '01 300 EX, both brand new. I am a BIG Kawasaki fan but must say that stock to stock, the 300 EX is a much better bike than the Mojave. Way more power (power wheelies) and superior suspension. The Mojave is WAY oudated. Only BNG for the past what? 15 years? I'm not trying to start any kind of trouble here, just stating my personal experiences and if anyone else here has compared these machines stock to stock you know what I'm saying. I have heard that the Mojave is an absolute blast when properly modded and hope to experience one someday.

Old 08-07-2003, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Well, i never said that a mohave wouldnt respond to mods as well as a 300ex buddy.

Old 08-07-2003, 12:20 AM
Range Rover

no no, sorry if you got the wrong impression i wasnt trying to contradict what you were saying i wasnt trying to start anytihng at all but what i was saying is that the mojave has DOHC and the 300 has SOHC so lets say you add cams to both machines that are aftermarket, well the mojave would respond better i would think, same with a hi comp piston we both are right i wasnt trying to start anything and i hope it didnt seem that way

Old 08-22-2003, 04:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Reason the 300EX responds the way it does on bottom end is the carb. It has an accelorator pump and squirts gas when you punch it. The Mojave uses a similar CV style carb but without the pump. That's why there is a delay or hesistation when you punch the throttle on the Mo. It was hard for me to get used to going from my old 250X to the Mojave. Thing is, where my 250X went flat just afer mid range my Mojave is just coming alive. You have to rev the **** out of the Mojave to get power. In the winter the Mojave is awesome!

The Mojave is way underrated and doesn't get any respect. Stock for stock the 250X & 300EX ride better than the Mo even though they have less travel. The Mojave has heavily damped front shocks that arn't very active. The rear is good though. It's too bad there isn't more aftermarket support for the Mojave. Here you have an 18 year production of the same machine with no changes. That has to be some kind of record! The tooling and reseach for a mod in the 80's would have long sense paid itself off.

Old 08-22-2003, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

YA what he said!
LOL

Old 08-22-2003, 02:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

How can you say the Mojave is way outtdated? Dual cam with liquid cooling. Yes the suspension needs work but for motor and performance they are with the times. Who else has dual cams with liquid cooling on a 250. Everything else is air cooled with single cam!

Old 08-22-2003, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

I would take a mojave over a 300ex.

Old 08-23-2003, 05:10 AM
Pro Rider

the mohave, in my opinion, is really ugly. That's not really a good reason to not choose a quad, but maybe thats why...

not trying to insult the mohave, but the Ex kills it. The mohave is short and has weird ergonomics, you can't throw it around like the 300ex. Maybe it is similar to the banshee issue. Fast engine, bad handling, bad chassis...

don't take offense by this. The mohave should have been made i little more like it's big brother, the tecate.

Old 08-23-2003, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

M-o-j-a-v-e

Quick Reply: mojave, the most underrated quad ever???