Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

mojave, the most underrated quad ever???

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mojave, the most underrated quad ever???

HAHAHA (the 300ex kills it) YA RIGHT
Man there is a guy around hear on a 300 and he used to be really cocky untill i shut him up when i TOASTED him on his sapose to be MOJAVE KILLER ...........YA right! haha any way! The mojave is a great quad! And i know after mine is gone, for a new KFX, I will proble miss it

Old 08-23-2003, 12:40 PM
Trailblazer

The mojave is an entry level quad that can be fully modded and still be under the price of most outdated engines like the ex series hondas, Their small size makes them handle extremely well in tight places that the larger quads have trouble with at the same speed. If you want a quad that you can afford to modify and not look like everybody else then the mo is the quad for you. By the way I'm 6'1" and the ergonomics seem fine to me.

'01 mojave
FST 411 stroker
supertrapp full race exhaust
modified cdi

Old 08-23-2003, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

Was just wondering how is the power on the 411 or 330 quad?Does reliability an handling go out the window?Wonder what the Hp an torque is to a stock MO?

Old 08-23-2003, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been hoping to hear from Lurch about how he liked his A-arm, swingarm, and shock mods. I've been think that I could modify my Mojave in the same way and be right around the same price as a new KXF when I'm done.

Old 08-23-2003, 06:49 PM
Trailblazer

I dont know about the 330 kit but the 411 is incredible, I was told it should be 40-45 hp compared to 17-20 stock, All I know is the dang thing is really fast and pulls incredibly hard from idle clear to the top. FST stopped making them in favor of the 330, so my guess is that reliability was probably the issue. Only Mickey Dunlap can tell us for sure.

'01 FST 411 mojave
86 350x
86 250r
82 250r

Old 08-23-2003, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

i like the mojave its cool quad iam the the only one out of my friends who likes it maybe in the future i'll buy one as a second quad because I feel comfortable on it cool

Old 08-24-2003, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

The biggest reason the Mojave in underrated is because it has never received any updates. This doesn't make for good press so the rags ignore it. It probably works out best for us because supply and demand keeps the prices down and you get a better performing quad for around $800 less than a 300EX. What's funny is people don't realize the 300EX has been around almost as long as the Mojave. The 300EX is just a 250X with an electric starter, 30cc's more, and 20 extra lbs.

I used to have a 250X and I think the Mojave is a better performing machine.

Old 08-25-2003, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

I love my MOjave because its a hell of a trail bike,was getting around better in the snow then my friends Blaster,haha.I stand out like jenna jameson walking down a church Isle,that for me is enuff of a buzz when people nearly wreck or get a broken neck from stoping an looking so hard,plus that indy car exhaust note from the big gun exhaust an when I let off its pop pop pop they know Im a coming breathing down there necks on my mean green machine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]I bought It cause it was to me better then ablaster,had reverse an disc brakes an was cheaper not to mention Not too many people have em kinda like were in the tecate kinda rarity.What I dont understand is how when the kfx or Honda come out dear god the aftermarket is all over it like the marines just landed on the playboy mansion.How come our lil old 250 didnt get that kinda preferential treatment?Then 1 of the mags said the klx 300 motor an I suppose the klr motor is outdated an not raceable aymore.It was Dirtbike are they on crack,how can a liquid cooled motor not be compettitve compared to a freaking air cooled motor.Last but not least the new KFX 250F engine how much more could it make over a klr or klx engine5-10 more hP,I bet the klr engine could be just as competive in a better frame an better form of tune like FSTs330 or 411 engine.OK I said it now IM done Im going riding muhahhahaha[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2003, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

my mojave is getting the updates to bring it up to today that Kawi should do. I am doing them myself. Check out the "super mojave" project album at www.picturetrail.com/mojaveaddict It will have a 40+ hp 330 engine too. lots of other pics of mods and engine to be posted there soon. some features are: Long travel elka fully adjustable quad rate 19 inch shocks frt and a 18 inch triple rate in the rear, 12.25 inches frt travel and 13.5 rear, 400ex spindles rotors and brakes, antivibe stem with renthal fat bars, +2.75 swing arm, +7+2 a arms, custom tie rods, custom intake system, douglas billet frt 4+1 wheels frt, 8 inch race wheels rear, custom lower stem mount with twin sealed bearings, many mods and alterations to the frame, and the list goes on. Now bring on them 300exs or 400 exs for that matter.

Old 08-28-2003, 04:14 AM
Pro Rider

That is a sweet quad! It makes me want to mod my Mojave rather than buy a new quad. It actually makes fiscal sense in that my Mo is probably now worth $2500 and a new Z400 is $5700 so I'd have to come up with $3200 for a new, stock Z400 quad when all my Mojave needs are a some suspension and handling upgrades and I'd be happy. It already has enough power for my tight woods riding conditions.

What brand swingarm is that and how long is it? Nice job on the a-arms BTW!

Sugarhead,
Don't believe the mags. Dirt Bike lost touch with the average Joe reader a long time ago. They love to tell you how you need $4000 worth of upgrades to your brand new bike just to make it ride worthy. Dirt Wheels exhibits this tendancy as well, just not as bad. They think that unless you have whatever is hot then it isn't worth riding. Notice how they have been ******* their former Golden Child the 400EX lately?

The main thing the Mojave needs is a carb. The stock carb gives it too much hesistation. KLR 250 riders complain about the same thing.

Quick Reply: mojave, the most underrated quad ever???