Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

pink spring review...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pink spring review...

I found the pink spring really help out where the stock falls flat at around 35-40 mph. The pink just keeps the motor pulling hard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

It engages at the same RPM. As a matter of fact , the only noticable diff is the upper end which is what I wanted. Very good mod for 25 bucks CDN!

Old 08-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

THAT is what I've been wanting to hear !!!!!!!! I'll find out for myself on Sat.! Thanx.

Old 08-12-2003, 03:37 PM
Trailblazer

how hard is it to put this pink spring in? I am SEVERELY mechanically challeged :-/

Old 08-12-2003, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

Not too bad. It is a learning curve. See "nyroc's" 650 knowledge base. It has the instructions.

Old 08-12-2003, 04:30 PM
Range Rover

Just ordered my spring and removed the old one to see how hard it would be. After I blocked the clutch from spining with a wood dowel rode through the cvt metal protector (piece bolted to front of frame to keep stuff from hitting cvt) it was a piece of cake. Took 5 - 10 min to take cover and clutch housing off and remove spring

Old 08-12-2003, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

Well I got the Blue spring from Dalton and it seems to work just like the pink spring. I like it.

You don't have to be mechanically inclided to install the primary spring.

Old 08-12-2003, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bbertram,
Does the blue Dalton spring have noticably higher rpm when it first engages (like the red spring) or does it feel exactly the same as stock when you take off from a dead start(like the pink spring)? Also, did you get any gain or loss on top-end speed with the blue spring installed?

Old 08-12-2003, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

You guys that are putting the pink spring in or already have....... are you putting it in the v 700 or the p 650????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Most of you guys have v 700 at the bottom of your posts but some of you have prairie's also.

Oh one more thing, just as mikeyboyesq asked are you gain in or loosin any top end speed? He was asking about the dalton blue spring but i think they are bolth the same right???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Thanks for the help in advance.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2003, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

I never had a red spring so I can't compare it to that but the engagment is higher. A little higher, maybe 200-300 rpm, its hard for me to tell. You can tell its higher though. I like it now, you can easily take off with out wheelieing or a sudden jerk. I did a top speed run but it was not the best time test as it just rained, it was hot and humid, my speed was lower as you would expect in those conditions. I even went through a good size puddle on my high speed run and I'm sure that pushed my top speed back a few KMH.

I feel like there is more zip in the entire power band and its a little easier to wheelie at speed while before it was sort hard. So far nothing but good things with this spring. I will be doing detailed speed runs and drag races against a stock z400 on my vacation in a few weeks.

Old 08-12-2003, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

OK Guys ........... My EPI Clutch kit should be here tomorrow. Pink spring, red spring, black
spring, and new weights. We shall see !!!

I got my new camshafts installed today. It got to late to take a test drive. I would have
half the police dept. out here if I tried that this late. ........

so tomorrow ............ test camshaft changes , install new springs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

( these changes made to the KFX 700 )

Quick Reply: pink spring review...