Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

I'm tired of people trying to tell me where I can ride!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 09:53 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm tired of people trying to tell me where I can ride!!!

Originally posted by: MnFriesen
Originally posted by: upnorthbacon
It sucks that here in Michigan snowmobiles are allowed on the right of way of most county roads, and there's hundreds of miles of trails for the sleds to drive on. Unfortunately most of the sled trails get closed to atv's in the summer.
the reason why the trails are closed to atvs in the summer is because atv's do alot more damge to the land...with having only maybe 8 inchs of rubber on the ground compaired to the whole track of a snowmobile...weight ratio's span out over the track...and also the snow on top of the land protects it too...later

friesen
Also, snowmobiling clubs work TIRELESSLY to establish such a great trail network. Snowmobiling does not just
contribute to the economy, it IS the economy for many areas in the snowbelt. therefore snowmobilers do not face
as much opposition from the locals. ATV er's need to organize in order to protect and expand riding areas. "Treading Lightly" and being respectful is not enough.

Old 08-09-2003, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Those are seriouly wise words about getting organized. I am a member of the Blue Ribbon Coalition and I write letters about issues involving ATVs to my representatives a regular basis. Unfortunately too many people are content to sit back and think someone else is taking care of this for them. We need more ATV clubs and more cooperation between the ATVers to help keep our areas open and add to them. I watched the fight over Yellowstone and Snowmobiles closely and it is still going on. If the Snowmobilers had not put up such a organized fight they would be out altogether. As it is a lot of the sledders didn't get involved and they nearly lost would have by now if Gore had been elected. This fight is just getting started and the wackos got the CPSC people involved. These are the idiots who got 3wheelers banned. we better start working together to keep our sport growing.

Old 08-10-2003, 05:14 PM
Trailblazer

you should see how pissed i get when jet skis come flying up in the creek in a six mph zone. is it legal to ride were you ride pecker?

Old 08-10-2003, 07:26 PM
Range Rover

Yes, its legal. Not riding on the street, but the woods are ok. Although I was on the right - of - way, which isn't mine (or his),I wasn't breaking any "law". For example, the city owns the first 8 feet of my front yard, but the agreement is that I can use it as my own (granted I don't build on it or otherwise make it unaccessible to them - same as for the utility company which has the right - of - way behind my house). And regarding the jet skis, you have a right to be angry. Most marinas have speed limits, so the wake doesn't damage docked boats, safety, etc. That is a safety violation, not simply a disturbance or a nuisance, you really should find a way to put a stop to that.

Old 08-10-2003, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

people shouldnt 'come down on pecker so hard

lmao

Old 08-13-2003, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

It's been a heck of a summer here on the gulf coast. 30" of rain in 2 months coupled with irresponsible, disrespectful riders has cost us 3 traditional riding areas in Mobile, al. A combination of government/gas/power properties where riding has been tolerated forever, totaling probably 2500 acres...all closed.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2003, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

Most everyone will agree that this is a problem ... & a growing one at that, as new high dollar houses get built in the country every day... Isanti county ( I believe ) in Minnesota, has passed a law making it illegal to ride on your own property... as bad as this sounds, I'm sure that someone ( too many appearently ) built home MX courses or trails on thier property, & someone who was politically connected, had a house too close to the track / trail... now what do you do when you can't even ride on your own property ??? be proactive when it comes to anything that can be percieved as offensive to an "anti" ... it makes me nervous when I see posts about "which is the loudest pipe" etc... My nieghbor has a MX course on thier property... & sitting outside at our house 1 mile away, I at times find the 2 cycle noise offensive... being an ATV enthusiast, I'm still glad my house isn't any closer to thiers... it's easy to turn a neutral person into an "anti" , sometimes even with out knowing it...WAM

Old 08-13-2003, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

WOW..Total lack of respect on both side of this story!!as a land owner id be Bent..as a quad rider..Id be ashamed to ride w/any of you ppl. no wonder why we have such a tuff time finding private land to ride on...PAMF..all of you..

Old 08-13-2003, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

Huh! After reading your posts, now I know how you came up with you username...Pecker.

Old 08-13-2003, 11:25 PM
Range Rover

I'd rather be a Pecker than a Conman. By the way, did you read ALL my posts or just a few?

Quick Reply: I'm tired of people trying to tell me where I can ride!!!