Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

kawasaki parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 05:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kawasaki parts

I was wondering about other riders experiences with waiting for parts from there dealers. My dealers
says he can get a part in one week, well I ordered some lug bolts for my tire on my prarie and it took 3 weeks . That seemed long to me but now I brought my prarie in to have them replace a torn cv boot and they have had it for 2 weeks and the boot hasnt come in yet. I have ordered tires for my prarie and got them in 5 days off the internet, but my dealer cant get a part in 2 weeks. I wish i could get parts elswhere. and show them how slow they are. I just cant help but think if kawasaki made a snowmobile and I brought it in to say replace the belt and it took 3 weeks to get on that would be a good chunk of a 3 month season. I am just blowin off steam now but am wondering if this is a commen thing with anyone else

Old 08-12-2003, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default kawasaki parts

I just couldn't stop laughing... sorry...I was waiting for a month & a half for lug bolts & nuts... when the quad was initially assembled, an impact was used on the lug nuts, & all the splines were spun on the lug bolts... with racing, & changing tires all the time, I finally got sick of the spinning lug bolts & ordered new ones... 6 weeks later I got my lug bolts... I finally went to the hardware store for nuts, as the nuts never did come in... you can get aftermarket chromed lugnuts for a fraction of what the stock ones cost, & most aftermarket dealers have them in stock... I feel your pain man... be glad it's not an axel housing or something...WAM

Old 08-12-2003, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default kawasaki parts

go to buykawasaki.com to look up P/N

then put the P/N in ronayers and order.

Old 08-12-2003, 08:42 PM
Range Rover
Default kawasaki parts

ron ayers is the place to go. Especially if you don't live close to a dealer:

If you do live near a dealer. Here's an idea to try: My dealer usually charges full retail for parts: for example: I just order a front ball joint today. It was about $17.50 at the dealer, and $12.50 at ron ayres.

In the past I have printed out the parts quote (without shipping charges) from Ron ayres and shown it to the parts manager at my local dealer.

They have price matched it every time so far. You will have to pay tax, but not shipping ,so its usually a little cheaper than ron ayers. If your dealer will price match them. If they don't Ron ayres is great to deal with.

But, the local dealer should price match because their markup on these parts is usually about 50%

Old 08-14-2003, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default kawasaki parts

Just remember "dealers are the devil" WAY too much mark-up...it's sickining[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2003, 01:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default kawasaki parts

I feel your pain brother. I took mine back to the dealer the first time when my belt started slipping. They didn't do a damn thing and said that there was nothing wrong with it. Thanks to NYROC, I fixed it myself with no problems. To top this all off when I went to take the Belt cover off I noticed that one of the Bolts was broken, the dumb %$^& snapped the bolt off and siliconed the head back on so It looked like nothing was wrong. Boy did they hear it from me. What a crappy thing to do to somebody. That was the first time I ever let anyone else work on my stuff and believe me that was the last. From these Forums and my experience dealers don't know crap about fixing things they just sell.
Thanks again NYROC!

Old 08-16-2003, 04:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default kawasaki parts

Yes,
Kawasaki parts service is terrible, This summer I had to wait 2 months for a front pinion shaft to come from Japan. Last summer it took 5 weeks to get a steering knuckle. I could swear that the only part my dealer stocks is the belt(only 1)hahaha!!!

Old 08-17-2003, 08:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default kawasaki parts

I know how you fell. I waited 14 days for my swing arm bolts and they got the wrong one . For now on I use the parts warehouse ad in the back of dirt wheels ad. not only is it cheaper and quicker but they will dilver to your front door . As soon as i can get pics of my bike I will post. my kfx as the HMF full race system, kenda klaws mx tiers, 13 tooth front spocket, k&n 4inch filter, kick *** seat cover that I bought off of ebay and some other stuff for mx racing