Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Help me out! 400 or 700

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 11:52 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me out! 400 or 700

It really depends on how and were you ride. My friend and I were looking for sports quads ... I have a prairie and wanted something I could play in the sand with when my other partners went to the dunes. I love the prairie and wouldnt trade it for anything (well maybe the p700) but it really isnt the best for dune riding do to the weight. My friend got the V700 and I the KFX400...figured it would be a totally different experience then the prairie and it would be fun launching that 370 pound quad of the dunes and jumps. I believe the 400 is better in the sand...also jumping...we both jump the quads and the 400 seems to be more stable and has a smoother landing. I have heard many people say the 700 is a better jumper...i just dont buy off on it nor have i seen it.

Now with that said, off the sand that 700 is a beast. Ideal selection for my friend as it is his only quad and very versatile. Now when I say i believe the 400 is better on sand i didnt say the 700 was bad...700 does great...but that additional weight hinders its handling (in the sand) and takes away the power edge it has over that 400. On trails the 700 is a monster and shines. We have raced through many a trials when we were both stock and the 700 out performed...when we got to areas that looked more like a MX track then a trail then the 400 held its own... but once out of those tight turns and he would hit the throttle that v was impressive. 700 is a wicked climber as well with great ground clearance for a sport quad. The 700 is an all around better bike and will win in a drag...but if your racing mx or the majority of your riding will be hitting the sand then dont sell the 400 short. You cant go wrong with either as they are both very good quads...but the V is proably a better all around/more versatile quad.