Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Naber Module....two thumps up

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 11:17 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Naber Module....two thumps up

bbertram
nabor instructions: step 1- With wire cutters, snip the pink wire on the CDI plug and solder the
blue wire on the module to the pink wire from the CDI plug.

step 2- Locate wire that is brown with blue dots and bare a short section
of it to splice in the red wire on module.

step 3- Locate wire that is black with yellow stripe and bare short section of
it to splice in green wire on module.

The CDI plug on the 02 650 and 03 650 differ as the 03 CDIs went to
a 3 plug instead of the two plug of the 02.

Old 08-27-2003, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

Yep same instructions that I received. Now to find someone with the first batch instructions, unless the instruction you gave JDE700 were from the first batch of modules to leave. I have a second batch module.

I'm now wondering about the wiring differences, ahhhh....now I got it. Took some time for it to sink in...lol.

The color codes of CDI wires must be different, the instructions were created for the Canadian P650's. So the wire color would be wrong but it is the same wire. Unless newbeatle's instructions said to use a wire that was the wrong one to use that could be found on his P650. Did you find the wrong wire on your P650 newbeatle? If not then all is well, if you did find that wire then we got a little problem.

EDIT: Let me clarify my question to newbeatle. Do you have the brown with blue dots wire on your P650?

Old 08-27-2003, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

Did any of you install a switch with yours and how does it do on hill climbing? Do you feel any cutting out between low and high speeds?

JDE700,

Have you had yours long? I would be currious to know how your results were up at our higher elevations. I know the higher elevation won't make a differance in the power increase with the module, but the elevation has deffinately taken a toll on our machines and I would like to know if I can plan on getting some of that power back with with the module.

Old 08-27-2003, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trailburner,
I installed a switch on my DG holeshot module. I did this because my wife drives my P650 from time to time and I didn't want her to have the module operating when she drives it (she's a novice more or less). I normally only use this switch when I go rock climbing up steep hills to avoid any sudden acceleration when its not wanted. Otherwise, the switch is not really necessary IMO, especially since the DG holeshot module only works if you hit WOT from 3mph or less.

I've never ridden my quad at high elevation, so I can't answer that question.

Old 08-27-2003, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

BBERTRAM... No, I didn't have that color of wire on my quad...WAM

Old 08-27-2003, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

Good, then everything is the way it should be I think. I don't think a switch is needed either, the power increase is not that much. Maybe if I had lighter tires on I might think a switch is needed.

Old 08-27-2003, 03:29 PM
Trailblazer

I received the nabor module last week. I haven't installed it yet. I hope the instructions are for the USA
p700, they didn't say anything about differences in the instructiions from nabor. I have the DG on my p650. But threw away those instructions after installation.

Old 08-27-2003, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe the second batch will have the USA instructions, the first batch was meant for the locals he said. I would think they would anticipate the second batch might be leaving the country but alot of us are surprised that the two Kawasaki's are different, I wonder what else is different between the USA and Canadian P650s?

Old 08-27-2003, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

Not sure of the wireing for an 03 or P700 but for the 02 650 this is what I use.

Red wire from module goes to brown with blue dot this is positive through switch next to igniter.

Black or (green) wire from module goes to black with yellow stripe on the wire harness next to igniter this is negative through the swithc.

Blue goes from the module to the cut pink wire that goes to the igniter.

If you use a switch to reverse negate the module you can use a triple pole with dead neutral. It also helps if both ends of the switch are live so it can change from open with pink wire only connected or the other end with the pink cut and the module attached.

Old 08-28-2003, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

If anyone wants to see the Naber Module goto my website and click on Naber Module on the left hand side menu, its near the bottom.

Quick Reply: Naber Module....two thumps up