Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Naber Module....two thumps up

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Naber Module....two thumps up

I received my Naber module for my P650 a few days ago. I look at it and it looks water proof as can be. I have some pictures I will post on my website tomorrow. Its not overly big and looks to be constructed very well. I don't know if the second batch are designed better than the first but you can't even tell if it uses two glued pieces of plastic, infact it looks like one piece, there are no holes. The construction is top notch, atleast on my module.

The instructions were easy to follow, the module is easy to install. I installed it tonight in about 20 minutes, I was anxious to try it out so I quickly taped it all up and put the module in my storage box and off I went. I will finish the installation tomorrow night after work.

At first I could not tell if it did help me, I was sorta mad and started cussing the thing. That was just from a quick test on my driveway. So I put on some boots and my helmet, zoomed out of town and went for a short 10 minute drive. I like the power, you can tell its there. It almost feels like stock with the big heavy outlaws. I can almost wheelie as good as stock in high range, thats pretty damn good with those tires on there. After my 10 minute ride I appreciate the module now, I will not be able to give a full ride report until after vacation, then I will try it in the mud.

So overall I like the module so far. Its not cheap at all like some of us thought after newbeatles brief description. I would like to see a picture of newbeatles module and compare it to mine, I'm thinking they changed them some.

I have one question though, where should I mount the module? I think under the cross member near the front under the seat, looks to be as good a place as any. Any suggestions? Newbeatle, where did you mount yours?

Old 08-27-2003, 08:51 AM
Pro Rider

You need to mount it? How big is this thing?

Old 08-27-2003, 09:05 AM
Pro Rider

I didn't have to mount my DG module, it is extremely small. It is about .75x.5x.5 inches (18mmx12mmx12mm or so).

I just used plastic ties on the wires and the module is so small and light that it just sits tight.

Old 08-27-2003, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider

Well, it is bigger than the DG one. I think I know of a spot to mount it but I think the seat latch might hit it or something. I'll take a picture of the installation later on today and post it on my website.

Old 08-27-2003, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider

You can see the DG holeshot in the picture in this link. I taped the wires and used wires tires on it after this picture.

Old 08-27-2003, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

1st, I hope I didn't give the impression that I thought it was cheap looking... It did look professionally put together... if yours didn't have the 2 phillips screws, then they changed the case style ( the black silicone, wasn't a complete seal on mine, & the 2 phillips screws wouldn't have been watertight ??? )...I was able to make room on the electronics tray under the seat for mine, & didn't have any trouble with the latch contacting the module...

perhaps the Canadian CDI has a different colored wire, but I also found the instructions easy to follow, but one of the wire colors, was not right... but I knew that it had to hook up to the same wires as the D.G. module, so this wasn't a problem for me, but this may cause some difficulties in installation in U.S. ( or on '02 models, what ever the discrepency with the wire color ), if it was a first time install... I'm still very happy with the performance of my module... it is however more expensive than the D.G. unit...WAM

Old 08-27-2003, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

No screws in my module and its got a good seal. Thinking back from last night you cut the pink, attach the red to it. Strip the black with yellow strip and splice the green and strip the brown with blue dots and splice the blue into it. The green and blue could be switched, going from memory here. Is that how your instructions read newbeatle? I have an '02 and a Canadian model. I would think they would be the same as the American models.

You know, last night was kinda cold, +5 celcius or so. If I did get the module wired wrong the colder air may have given it the extra power I felt. Can you tell me what wires the instructions your received said to wire up to?

Also I noticed my speedo lags behind my actual speed some during fast acceleration or when slowing down. Anyone else get this?

EDIT: I noticed on Nyroc's link that I see a different a wire, a red with yellow strip. I will look for that wire when I get home. Could it be the same as the brown with blue dots? Do the American models have this wire?

Trending Topics

Old 08-27-2003, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

BBERTRAM... It's been a few weeks since I wired the module... I still have the instructions on old trucks dash, at home ... But I believe that the Canadian model must have different wires ??? Why ???... maybe thats why you Canadian guys ( ALLTOY'S ) quads go faster...LOL

OH NO... Brent... I hope you weren't giving that thing a "2 thumbs up", with it wired wrong ...LOL...

I didn't notice any speedo lag, so it is posible that it is wired wrong ???

Old 08-27-2003, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

I hope so too...lol. Alltoys or anyone with the naber module can you please verify the instructions and the wire colors? Mike you got me worried now.

Old 08-27-2003, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

Brent, there was a guy that got one of the original batch of modules, from Canada... his post is probably on the module test teaser thread, if you have time to look, you may be able to P.M. him or ???...WAM

Quick Reply: Naber Module....two thumps up