Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Tires for 700 Prairie?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 01:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires for 700 Prairie?

Hey Guys, I need your help!

I just picked a new 04 700 Prairie for my wife and we ride sand and dunes 99% of the time down here in El Paso. I was wondering if anyone runs IPT holeshots on there Prairie and if I would need to change wheels? Or are there any other tires you would recommend for sand for this beast! Also what size would you recommend? I ride a 700 V Forvce and a KX500.

Thanks! Alan

Old 08-27-2003, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

How about ITP ATR's ? I don't ride much sand , but they should perform much like the Holeshots.
These tires kick-butt on hard pack, dirt, shallow mud. You might want to ask around, see if anyone else is using 'em in your area of operation. They are(IMO) THE only tire for a Prairie in my area, except for serious mudding.

Old 08-27-2003, 04:52 PM
Trailblazer

i heard the bighorns and atrs are good on sand id go with whichever is cheaper

Old 08-27-2003, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

OLDDIRTRIDER... the Holeshots are not available in a 25" tire ( but that never stopped me from doing what I wanted ), unless you were refering to the ATR's...the bolt pattern is the same between the rear of your V Force, & all the tires on your Prairie... I have a pair of 22" X 11" X 9" Schredders that I run on the rear of my Prairie, for Hare Scramble races...& I have a pair of Super Swamper TSL's ( not Vampires ) 22" X 12.5" X 9" that I use for muddy courses... the tires are mounted on a set of 9" X 9" ITP Baja wheels... these wheels were made for the V Force, but will bolt onto the rear of the Prairie...

If you really are going to ride the dunes nearly all the time, I'd mount a set of 25" paddles on the rear( I have also reccomended these before, for the V Force for bigger riders wanting more floatation & less dig ), & let her have at it... if you wanted a multi use tire, the TSL's have a very shallow tread, are light, smooth riding, & available in a wide variety of sizes ... glad to offer any more help if needed...WAM

Old 08-27-2003, 07:38 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: newbeatle
OLDDIRTRIDER... the Holeshots are not available in a 25" tire ( but that never stopped me from doing what I wanted ), unless you were refering to the ATR's...the bolt pattern is the same between the rear of your V Force, & all the tires on your Prairie... I have a pair of 22" X 11" X 9" Schredders that I run on the rear of my Prairie, for Hare Scramble races...& I have a pair of Super Swamper TSL's ( not Vampires ) 22" X 12.5" X 9" that I use for muddy courses... the tires are mounted on a set of 9" X 9" ITP Baja wheels... these wheels were made for the V Force, but will bolt onto the rear of the Prairie...

If you really are going to ride the dunes nearly all the time, I'd mount a set of 25" paddles on the rear( I have also reccomended these before, for the V Force for bigger riders wanting more floatation & less dig ), & let her have at it... if you wanted a multi use tire, the TSL's have a very shallow tread, are light, smooth riding, & available in a wide variety of sizes ... glad to offer any more help if needed...WAM
Hey! Thanks for the info! I don't even ride the Prairie that much & it is my wifes quad but, because its in the sand all the time and will be traveling and doing a lot more duning, I thought it would work better for her with a flatter wider tread like a hole shot design. Being a 4 wheel drive with 12 X 25 tires it would a little weird with a regular paddle tire setup.
I bought a set of ITP SandStars if the ever deliver them for my V Force, they sent me the fronts and another month out on the rears! WOOPEEEEEEEEEE!

Thanks Again!

Alan