Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

My First 650 Roll Over!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 01:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First 650 Roll Over!!

Hi Guys..

I had the machine out for a tour last nite with a few friends bombing around the local fire roads and lakes.. We came upon a pee gravel pit that is not in use anymore.. Well there ar lots of little hills and even a place where you can wall climb if ya have sport quad... my friend took his banshee and made a few simple jumps and donuts.. I decide like an idiot I would try to do a nice jump.. My buddy failed to mention that there was about 20ft of landing area before it dips down a slight grade.. I took off and launched, let me tell ya i found a short runway in a hurry! I managed to almost get stopped but the momentum knocked my balance off and the bike dipped off the side of the hill.. I'm lying on my back in disbelief watching the bike tipping over extremely slow.. I shuffled to the side as it rolled once.. then I shuffle again as it very slowly rolled over again.. then the heck with this I jumped back this time it kinda rolled over my boot and tore it off my foot.. then was completely upside down running then it stalled.. My buddies come over to help.. (oh did I mention it was at Nite)
We flipped it over and I was surprised to see it undamaged except for little nicks in paint on racks and the control assembly on the left handle bar moved.. I just adjusted it and it was fine( The new hand guards I put on that day must of saved every thing) It fired right up and I drove it home.. This morning I got up and washed it to check for any damage and everything seems to ok.. Is there anything I should check before I take it out on another run? Being upside down running hurt it? It did shut it self of after a few seconds? Has anyone else had any experiences like this with thier own Machines?

Old 08-31-2003, 08:44 PM
Trailblazer

Two days ago i was at a pit doing a few donuts when the rear tires fetched up and the bike rolled over one and a half times. It stalled out but once it was uprighted again it started right up. The handle bars were jolted loose, a few scratches and a broken reflector on the front rack was the only damage done. I thightened the handle bars and everthing seems fine.

Old 08-31-2003, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Make sure to check the ball joint on each side. I rolled mine also and had to replace the left side ball joint due to multiple high impacts (it rolled about 3 times, and bent the heck out of the stock rim). If you didn't have a hard impact, you might be OK, but it is always worth the look-see. PIA to get on and off, not hard, just time consuming.