Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Taylortown directions for GNCC Race?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taylortown directions for GNCC Race?

I put Taylortown on Mapquest to get directions, but Taylortown Creek is what came up. Is this the same place? On the GNCC web site, they give directions from Pittsburg and they say exit 1 off of I79. Well the directions to Taylortown Creek does not even have a route 79 near it. I know Adam has raced there before, so which place is it? I don't want to drive to the wrong place.

Old 09-01-2003, 01:37 PM
Range Rover

I believe you have to look up TAYLORSTOWN not Taylortown, GNCC must have screwed up. Hope this helps you out....

Old 09-01-2003, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info. Taylorstown is the right town, but that just made my ride that I thought was Taylortown from 4hrs long, now it's 10hrs long going to Taylorstown. Looks like I won't be there after all.

Old 09-01-2003, 02:24 PM
Range Rover

Come on GE join the fun!

Old 09-01-2003, 07:12 PM
Range Rover

GE, I don't think mapquest is still putting you in the right place. Exit 1 on I-79 is just above the WV border. Mount Morris is the town. Taylorstown by mapquest is west of Washington, PA. off of I-70 which is a long way from exit 1 on I-79. Is this right Greenteam?

Old 09-01-2003, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer

hey GE,
TRX is correct, I ran into the same thing using both taylor town and taylorstown...both are wrong. So I took the hotel info that is posted on the GNCC ( phone number ) site and used that to get the correct area...which is Mount Morris, PA, besides it says on the GNNCC site that the track is across the street from the old High Point GNCC,....which is/was located in Mount Morris.

Still not exactly sure where the track is, but it says once you turn on to Mnt. Morris Exit 1, go 3 miles east to the track. I figure I will just go to mount Morris and then ask around and look for signs......

I am not even sure were they came up with Taylortown as I cannot even find a T-town in that area......the closest is up on I- 70 about 1.5 hr. away....
I still may even call GNCC office just to verify, but I am sure this is correct.

.....tarrat

Old 09-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Range Rover

TRX500 when you leaving for the race? Think all of us are leaving Friday evening now and camping out....By the way what class is everyone running on their V-forces?

Old 09-01-2003, 09:16 PM
Range Rover

Friday night? What time? I may not race..... you may need my tires.

Old 09-01-2003, 09:34 PM
Range Rover

TRX500...Can wait till you get off work and leave?! And you've got to race! It will be a blast compared to the districts! And my tire situation will be fine..

Old 09-01-2003, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

I put in Mount Morris, and my directions I got from Mapquest are the same as the GNCC web site, so Mount Morris must be the place. A lot of people will be getting lost, because I don't see any Taylorstown anywhere near Mount Morris. However it's still a 10hr drive for me. My wife says go for it since the GNCC races don't get close to me to often, but we will see in the next couple of days. If I do go, I will be in the VET class. I can't be going up against these youngsters. Heck, in a three more years, I will be in the senior class. Boy does that sound old, SENIOR CLASS.

Quick Reply: Taylortown directions for GNCC Race?