Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Munchkin Run

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Munchkin Run

It took a couple of months to set up but it went without a hitch we had 12 kids in the program and 9 other families came out from previous years. Kids were taught quadding safety, how to operate in mud and be courteous of surroundings and other people. We also had a couple who have a traveling country western show that donated their time and talents plus they have 2 quads to donate for the weekend. There was 2 pancake/sausage breakfasts and 2 BBQs with Alberta Beef donated for the event there was lots of food and stories to last a life time.

It was a busy fun exciting weekend for my Munchkins with cancer they forgot about their troubles for a brief time in their life parents also had a blast. I must thank my young cousin Shean if not for him I would not have taken on an endeavor such as this he has been my inspiration. Most of the kids on our trip have never been around an open fire or been in the heart of bush country for them this a memory they will never forget. I have to thank everyone who donated their time, quads and mostly of themselves you all deserve a very big pat on the back.

This year the Munchkin Run has been very special for me as my wife has recently been diagnosed with cancer. Diane wanted to be with our Munchkins more than ever this year her love and support has been uplifting to us all. Quadding is the greatest sport in the land the people you meet are friendly doesn't matter what kind of machine you have we all have fun with laughter mixed in. That is about all for now till we meet on the trail have fun!!!!!!!!

Old 09-01-2003, 11:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Munchkin Run

God bless you alltoys, I will pray for you and your wife.

Old 09-01-2003, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default Munchkin Run

It's a good thing your doing with the kids.

Sorry to hear about your wife, tell her we'll be praying for her and the kids.

Old 09-02-2003, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default Munchkin Run

Good to hear things went well for the kids buddy!! I'm sure they all had a good time, and like you said, it gives them a chance to forget their troubles for a couple of days. That is a big responsibility to take on something like this, so I'm sure the kids and their parents really appreciate it. Two thumbs up for ya pal!!!

Give your wife a hug from me and I hope the meeting with the doc this week goes well. Later.

Old 09-04-2003, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default Munchkin Run

the world need more people like you all toys.very inspiring you and your wife.

Old 09-05-2003, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Munchkin Run

Alltoys,

That is just great what you have done for those children, wish there were more of that kind of things around!

Hope everything works out with your wife?

God Bless You!

Old 09-05-2003, 11:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Munchkin Run

The world needs more people like you Alltoys. My uncle was told that he had cancer and luckly they were able to do a surgery to get it all out. Hope your wife is in high hopes and I will bet that everyone is praying for her.