Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

A Woman Bearing a Gift

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Woman Bearing a Gift

Here is what happened to me. I received a knock on the door last night nothing out of the ordinary except a woman bearing a gift. She looked somewhat familiar didn't really recognize her till I seen the quad then I placed her. She is a wife of a Canadian Forces soldier stationed in Afganistan. After talking with her, her hubby was one of a few in a bomb blast due to extensive injuries he didn't make it.

She brought with her a BF 750 that I had modified for her hubby last year. I had told them both how I was doing charity stuff with my Munchkin Runs and how we do things for the kids. I gather they had both agreed if something were to happen to him they would give me the quad to use as I needed for the Munchkin Foundation.

I was thoroughly floored, I didn't have any words for her. I invited her in we talked all night right into the wee hours of the morning. Truly an amazing Lass, much to younge to go through this kind of greef.

I need your help in deciding what to do with this quad? I would like to keep it for my Munchkins only it has so much power it is to dangerous for them, so what to do. Any suggestions you have let me know thanks.

Old 11-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Range Rover

Raffle it off and use the money as needed. Sorry to hear the sad news.

Old 11-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. Raffle or sell it what ever will bring the most. Use half for your cause and give half to a charity for widows and orphans of the war. Just my 2 cents

Old 11-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry to hear the sad news I'll say prayer for the family, maybe you could use the money from the sale or raffle of the quad and make a donation in the fallen soldier name. Also, churchs are a pretty good source for raffles the intake is in most cases for greater than a normal sale. I would think 3 or 4 churches selling tickets could increase the intake. That may also help the family deal with the lost of their love one. Anywho, just my 1 cent.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gary,
Wow...that is a very sad story. I think the raffle idea is probably the best if you don't think you can use the quad for the munchkin rides. Also, you should invite the widow along to the next Munchkin ride so she can see where the contribution ended up...I think she'd probably like that.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by: MikeyBoyesq
Gary,
Wow...that is a very sad story. I think the raffle idea is probably the best if you don't think you can use the quad for the munchkin rides. Also, you should invite the widow along to the next Munchkin ride so she can see where the contribution ended up...I think she'd probably like that.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Thats a great idea right there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put it on e-bay with the story and the idea that the money will go to charity..........

You will make a nice chunk for a good cause....

Old 11-21-2006, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

ebay or raffle it and give half to the soldier's family or charity of their choice and half for your cause.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

God bless that family.

I agree with the raffle. I do think the E-Bay would be even better, either way, God works in mysterious way's and you my friend have a good probelm out of a bad situation...

Best wishes'

PS. Get her riding, only more good could follow...

Old 11-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

How about sale it/raffle it/trade it for as many 50cc wheelers as you can get for the little ones to enjoy. If the soldiers family donated it for the kids, then turn it into something that will leave a positive memory for the Kids.

Kevin

Quick Reply: A Woman Bearing a Gift