Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V-Force fuse troubles (THANKS)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 04:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Force fuse troubles (THANKS)

To ALL who keep good / helpful info on this site THANK YOU!!!!!

I use this site very regularly to read through and find all the good tips / tricks for my bike.

I remember, back awhile ago, there were a few posts on the 30 AMP main fuse (under the seat) blowing. Well, you guys warned me to stock up on fuses, and of course, like to thoughtful rider I am, I just blew off the idea I would ever have any trouble and just went riddin'.

Yesterday I went to Clay City to ride the trails, and just when things were getting good....NO POWER [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].

Well...I had to sit in the mud while my friend rode out for fuses. 5 Five fuses later...and a few more power outages we arrived back at the truck / trailer to load up (early) and go home [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img].

The "GOOD THING" about all this is that as soon as I lost power...I went straight to the fuse and saw it was blown (untelling what would have happened had I not read the posts). I could not for the life of me find what was grounding out....so today at lunch I drove to my dealer, and before I could unload the beast....my mechanic saw a wire to the controller box (mounted to the side of the gas tank) that had worn thin from rubbing the frame. He fixed the problem, and I was on my way...back to thank you all.

Thanks SOOOOOO much for the good info. Sorry for the lenghty post. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2003, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

I agree. I regularly use this forum to discuss issues and exchange ideas. I love walking into my dealer and informing THEM of what is new and all the tricks![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2003, 02:15 PM
Trailblazer

XC800...beautiful pics on your page.

I believe the mechanic at my dealer went back to a floor model and checked same wires to see if they were gonna rub. So far (knock on wood) I have not felt like a guinea pig with this bike though...b/c there only seems to be few (minor) problems for a first yr model.