Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Tiny Tach info

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tiny Tach info

Has anyone used a Tiny Tach on a P650 yet? I was wondering what model to get and how it hooked up since the 650 is a twin cylinder.

Im going to hopefully start doing some primary spring test and knowing the rpms is a must or the test will be worthless for anyone else comparing springs.

Thanks
Tim

Old 09-12-2003, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tiny Tach info

they may have a model out now for 4 cycle motors, but when I ordered mine, the Tiny Tach was only available for 2 cycle motors... I ordered Daytona digital ( the other tach in the DK catolog )... WAM

Old 09-12-2003, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tiny Tach info

KISS, I wouldnt mind sending you all my springs if you are going to do a nice test. I would just want some (or all) of them back. Can't hurt, right? I know I am sounding wishy washy, it is just that I forgot what they told me. I hope you aren't fed upyet. I know they want them tested. I just don't know if they want them "given". I am about to go put them in the mail. I can't test anything right now, my tools are away.

The dalton black/white is probably worth comparing to the red, especially since it has a lower 2.5" force.

I have your address. Tell me what you think.

Old 09-12-2003, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tiny Tach info

Tiny Tach model 2C. The only problem is it's slow to react. 1 1/2 secs behind. reds650 on the forum uses an analog automotive tach that is better for instant results.
I had the Dalton plain/white stripe and liked it better than the EPI red. I'm now running the Dalton blue; it may be just slightly slower than the plain/white stripe in a drag race but the throttle response is super from 10 to 50 mph. It's my favorite so far.

Old 09-12-2003, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tiny Tach info

Are you sure you weren't talking about the dalton black/white?

The plain/white one is almost like stock.

Old 09-12-2003, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tiny Tach info

The Dalton black/white is almost identical to the EPI red. The Dalton plain/white has a light preload while the stock has zero preload, engagement is 300RPM higher than stock. The Dalton plain/white also has a higher 1.25 load for lower gearing. The Dalton blue seems similar to the EPI pink.

Old 09-12-2003, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tiny Tach info

This sounds great Paul. I wasnt wanting to spend a lot of money on the tach but after looking at the Daytona digital it is probably worth the money and give better test results. I may even permenatly mount that tach. I was just planning on using the tiny tach for the spring testing. Without rpms to show we all know a spring test is worthless to someone else trying to decide what to buy.

Paul, send all the springs, I will order the Daytona digital tach as soon as I send this reply. Hopefully everything will come by next Friday and I can go back to VA next weekend and my brother in law can help me test the springs. I have a good feeling about this and I know I can provide good accurate data for everyones interest in future spring selection.

To anyone else who reads this. I would also like to test the P700 stock spring and the Pink and Bright/Green springs from EPI. If anyone has those spring and is willing to donate for testing would be greatly appreciated. I will call EPI myself and see if they will donate those two springs. I will tell them I have 3 Dalton springs that were donated so that may change their mind. Wish me luck.

My mind is made up on the tach, Im getting off here to order it and call EPI about their springs. Then Im getting ready to visit family in VA and wont be back until Sunday.

Have a great weekend
Tim

Old 09-12-2003, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tiny Tach info

I have all the spring specs here.

The plain/white has such a low 1.25 load at 114lb (only 9lb higher than the stock one), that I though you were talking about a different spring when reffering to how it performs in drag race.

Old 09-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tiny Tach info

KOD--Go here, they have'm. http://www.tinytach.com/origgas.html search "tiny tach"

Old 09-12-2003, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tiny Tach info

KOD... if no one else volenteers, I have a brand new 700 spring I ordered after we did our last tests ( never been installed yet )...WAM

Quick Reply: Tiny Tach info