Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

12hrs of ATV America

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12hrs of ATV America

WAM, where are you guys staying at? I am off then so I should be able to make it.

PW,

Is there a breakdown of rules for the sled pull? I'd like to get in on that.

I plan on bringing my camcorder and converting any usable footage to DVD. If I get a decent amount of footage then I will offer it up to anyone whom wants it.

Old 09-20-2003, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

Bartlett, we will have a different pit area this year and we have it planned out to accomidate more semi's. We have a couple ideas in mind for the pits but nothing set in stone yet,, we are working on the track every weekend and at nights during the week and it;s all shaping up pretty good!

DWB,,, the rules are simple for the pull, there are 2 and 4 wheel drive class's and the most you can weigh with the rider is 1100 LBS! Other than that there aren't many rules!

Old 09-20-2003, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

Thank you DWB! What DVD format are you using? I'm going to be making my own DVD with all my camcorder footage over the years in the next few weeks.

Old 09-20-2003, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

PW,

Will there be stock vs modified or is it all fair game? Looks like I need to make a weight holder, get some weights, and fab a better hitch setup to start.

Thanks.

bbertram,

I'm not sure what you mean by what DVD format. I capture the footage with my digi-camcorder, capture it with Adobe Premiere, edit with Premiere, export the edited footage to DV-AVI format, convert to standard DVD format (720x480) with the Main Concept encoder, create the DVD VOB files and set the chapter points with Sonic ReelDVD, and finally burn the disc. There are easier "all in one" programs, but, I like to have more control over the quality and process. Plus, I do what I know and what works for me. I haven't played with menu creation much either.

When I find short segments I want to share on the web, then I use DIVX to make those tiny clips and upload them to my web host.

Old 09-20-2003, 04:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

newbeatle...check your pm's

Old 09-20-2003, 06:14 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK. Got a few questions. Im thinking about going to the 12 hours of America race to see some of the action, but I need some info about where to camp with electrical hook up. Also about the poker run. How does it work? What does it consist of? The tractor pull, I got but I need to know if it will be worth while to bring my quads.
Does any one know what the camp site is called, or the number?

Old 09-21-2003, 12:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

bump

Old 09-21-2003, 03:40 AM
Pro Rider

DirtyWhiteBoy:

When I say format I mean DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, or DVD+RW.

Old 09-21-2003, 10:05 AM
Pro Rider

murphyslaw,, there is a camp ground at the track but no electricty. There is a camp ground that is appoximatley 6 or 7 miles away from the track that has electricity but I will do some checking to make sure that it is open at that time, I believe it is but 100% sure. The poker run will be ran on the same track that the 12 Hour race is run on, you make a lap, you get a card, whoever has the best hand in the end wins!

DWB, the guys with the pull sled have just started doing this and nobody around here is really set up for pulling, at the pull I went to everything was bone stock! I was the only modified machine there! Just to let you know,,, with my 700 prairie, me at 220LBS, and 160 LBS of weights, I weighed in at 1100 LBS. I just used the stock hitch!

If you guys want, PM me and I can direct you where to go and who to contact for more info!!!

Old 09-21-2003, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks PW

I agree the stock hitch will work. But, I like the ideas I got from an "experienced" puller. I wouldn't mind winning. Although, just participating will be fun.

I'd like to know more about the accomodations. Others may be interested as well. So, please post back here if you can. I am open to a tent or a hotel room. Although, I will be coming off of my work stretch and a long drive down. So, a room with a bed sounds real nice.

bbertram,

Ah, yes. I use DVD-R. PM me, if you want, and we can discuss this more. I don't want to divert this thread topic more than I have already. I can send you some footage and I would like to see some of yours also.

Quick Reply: 12hrs of ATV America