Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

700P question..

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 01:35 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700P question..

Hi guys

Ok..heres the deal...I have a 2003 rincon..I like it alot..I was thinking about trading it in on a 04 700p...because I have fell in love with my Vforce^^..I would want that kinda power in my 4x4..my question is has anybody in here rode a rincon and a prarie..whats the diffrence in the ride..I notice the 700p dont have IRS..so I was wondering if they give a bumpy ride like our rubicon..or if they give a decent ride..one other question...I have 300 hours and 2500 miles on my rincon and havent had any trouble...how are the praries as far as breaking down ..and such..I like a atv that requires only maintenance..rather then being broke for no reason..so any input would be great..1 last question..I like to take long rides..So can anybody give me a idea of how good this bike is on gas(how far will 1 tank go?)..Thanks for any ideas..

Old 09-19-2003, 06:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default 700P question..

I own an 03 P650 and have ridden the Rincon. The Rincon is a smoother ride. It steers like it has power steering. The IRS is not as sporty around the corners and it can be more tipsy on off camber riding. It is more comfy across the fast rough stuff. I rode it before I got my P650 and it just didn't fit me. I like the drag race type acceleration and sporty cornering of the P. I also like the lower center of gravity for off camber trails. In the mountains there is lots of that. Fallen trees block the trail and you gotta make your own or go back.
I don't like not having a front bumper and the tiny racks on the Rincon. Some have reported the Rincon to stall on steep uphills if you hesitate a bit, and my hunting partners Rincon has shown the same. It also stalls under level loads if you let off quick for what ever reason. Do a search on the Honda list. They are working on that.
Reliability? Hmmm. I have only passed break-in a short time ago. There are belt issues but that is mostly in how you treat it. There are folks here that ride them hard allot and seem to go through belts. They are working on that and I like it. I mostly cruise around, occasionally blasting here and there. I tore my swingarm boot and when I changed it I found my drive shaft U-joint to be stiff and the bearing caps on 2 ends were spinning in the yoke bores. They replaced it free. I have owned several Kawasaki's and am not afraid to take them far from home.
So to me. The Rincon is like the reviewers say. An RV type of machine that can work harder than it can play. The Prairie is a Utility HotRod. It's ride is not as smooth but the Rincon I rode has stock tires too.
You just need to ride them both and see how you feel. My hunting partner would not have a Prairie. Mostly because it steers like a Tank compared to his and he don't trust the rubber-band tranny. I'll venture to guess his steering will stiffen up a bit when he gets rid of the OE no tread tires and puts some lugs on there.
Gas mileage has been reported between 60 and 70 miles on 4.5 gallons and I have a friend that reports his stocker went 81 miles while the gas light flashed but did not run out before he filled up.

Old 09-20-2003, 12:13 AM
Trailblazer
Default 700P question..

Prairie's are sweet fourwheelers they go great through the mud awesome handling they have a front differential locker whick works great. All around good machine I am selling mine I want a kfx]

2003 red prairie 650 200 miles still plenty of warranty left mint 6200 207 -457-1615 josh

Old 09-20-2003, 01:02 AM
Trailblazer
Default 700P question..

rincon4life:
I live in Duluth also and ride a 2003 650. If you would like to stop up to my place and take it for a burn or have any questions, look me up in the phone book and give me a call.
Bob Saice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]