Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Riding a 700P in the Glamis Dunes!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 02:42 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding a 700P in the Glamis Dunes!

Hey Guys!

I just got back from Glamis Dunes! The really funny thing is I had more fun riding my wife's 700P than my KFX700 and my KX 500. The sand was really wet and with all the dune buggy traffic made it really rutty, so my paddle tires beat me to death! I will never go to the Dunes without taking my spare tires again! I just put the Prairie in 4 wheel and rode wherever I wanted to go, No Problem!

Don't ever believe that a Prairie won't climb monster sand hills!

Alan[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2003, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

if you like going 5mph..

Old 11-18-2003, 04:17 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: raptor03
if you like going 5mph..
I was doing about 45 up oldsmobile hill! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2003, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

lol 45 feet per hour

Old 11-19-2003, 07:22 PM
Range Rover

You guys are killing me!(LOL) I had the Prairie up to 64 mph in 4 wheel hi a month ago! I was cursing on a dirt road between to riding areas for 16 Miles! I am not sure if that is the top speed, but it still wasn't wide open! It may be a utility quad , but it is still a beast!

I started riding it at Glamis because it was so rough and I was shooting video with my helmet cam!

So give me a break! My KX500 will out run any quad out there so I do know how to go fast!

Alan[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2003, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

hey olddirtrider, I was also at glamis last weekend (and friday). the dunes were great, i could climb almost anything without paddles due to the wet sand. I was the only one to climb hill 6 without paddles.....while we were hanging out. WE do not camp around others. We were at wash 37 and there were no tracks but ours! the mornings were a bit damp, huh?

Old 11-20-2003, 11:23 AM
Range Rover

It was my first time at Galmis, we parked at Gecko and rode pretty much in that area. We rode over to Oldsmobile hill and all the areas between there and Gecko. I really wished I had brought my Hole Shot's for my V Force and my Knobby for my KX500. I have been riding sand exclusively for 35 years and this was my first experience with paddles.

Old 11-20-2003, 12:18 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Olddirtrider
You guys are killing me!(LOL) I had the Prairie up to 64 mph in 4 wheel hi a month ago! I was cursing on a dirt road between to riding areas for 16 Miles! I am not sure if that is the top speed, but it still wasn't wide open! It may be a utility quad , but it is still a beast!

I started riding it at Glamis because it was so rough and I was shooting video with my helmet cam!

So give me a break! My KX500 will out run any quad out there so I do know how to go fast!

Alan[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

OK, Alan now you did it... Its on.. your KX500 vs my DS... When.. Sat after thanksgiving.. Where.. Kermit... The loser buys the drinks.. You better be there!

Rob.

seriously, we got alot of good friends going, its going to be one of the best weekends of the year at Kermit, if you can this would be the time to make it.. I will arive early afternoon friday.. and stay till Sun.. email me

Old 11-20-2003, 12:50 PM
Range Rover

I wish I could make it out to Kermit for Thanksgiving! I need to rejet all my toys first! Keep me on posted your next trip!

Alan

PS Sorry, but your bomb would have a prayer against the KX! (LOL) But it would kick my V Force in the butt! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2003, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Olddirtrider
I really wished I had brought my Hole Shot's for my V Force and my Knobby for my KX500. I have been riding sand exclusively for 35 years and this was my first experience with paddles.

Yeah, paddles can be rough on wet sand. Do try to remember knobbies next time. They work great in wet sand. When the wet sand is only a few inches thick the knobbies work better......the paddles cut through and find the loose dry sand underneath....and then get stuck.

Quick Reply: Riding a 700P in the Glamis Dunes!