Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

v-force fuse

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 09:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v-force fuse

I'v herd about the 30 amp fuse blowing usually from a wire under the seat (mine hasn't blown yet) but could anyone tell me if it's a special fuse or just a normal 30 amp fuse you can buy at an auto parts store? and is there anything I can do as a privinitive measure to avoid blowing it other than just taken an extra one with me? where is the wire located at under the seat? thanks fellas

Old 09-19-2003, 09:19 PM
Range Rover
Default v-force fuse

It's just a normal "glass" type of fuse your's should have had one come with it mine has an extra one thats attached to the wire when I bought it.
One way and a cheap one to fix it would be to go to your local home depot/lowes buy some 1/2 inch split flex plastic tubing looks like a little corrugated pipe thats split down the middle and some electrical tape
slide the split tubing around the wires use electrical tape to secure the tubing to the wires then wrap the tubing with the electrical tape only one layer of tape thick just so it holds the split tubing together and there you go if you ever have a problem in the future you can still see where the tubing is split down the side of through the tape take a pocket knife and cut through the tape and peel it open so you can acess the wire/fuse area then when your done one layer of tape over the tubing again.
this is a 3.00$ fix to this problem I allready did it to mine hoping I wont run into that problem but if I do its easy to fix
Note the split plastic tubing is a lot stronger against abrasion or wear than electrical tape or the wire insulation so it will take some doing for the seat to wear through it thus problem solved ( I hope)
Doc.

Old 09-19-2003, 10:33 PM
Trailblazer
Default v-force fuse

Thanks Doctor1-I know just what you are talking about (plastic tubbing) sounds like a weener.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-22-2003, 01:19 PM
Trailblazer
Default v-force fuse

I believe the fuse your talking about kongmen is NOT the "glass" tube....but the 30amp "main fuse".

The "main fuse" is located at the bottom of the battery under a redish clip. Pinch the sides of the clip and the fuse is inside there. I know b/c mine just failed the last time I went riding.

Carry a few 30amp "car" fuses with you. If it failes....it usually means you have a wire grounded out somewhere. Mine grounded out b/c a wire connected to the controller box (on the side of the gas tank) had rubbed against the frame and caused an arc.

For prevention....check over your power supply wire (to the radiator, the ignition, the lights, etc...) and make sure no wires are in danger of being pinched or rubbing against something.

Good Luck

Old 09-22-2003, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default v-force fuse

kongmen and extremast--- I had the same fuse blow on me, up on a mountain top in /near Man WVa.(Hat/McCoy) on last Thursday. We found a rubbed bare wire at the ignition module harness. It is in the rt.rr. wheel opening. We taped the bare wires, replaced the 30amp AT type fuse, and went riding! I has run perfect since. This was the rearmost connector wiring on the ign. module.

Old 09-23-2003, 03:14 AM
Trailblazer
Default v-force fuse

Thanks everyone I'll get a couple of 30 amp car fuses and keep a close eye on the wiring.