Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V's Sticky Slide?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V's Sticky Slide?!?

My V has been coughing at very low throttle lately, I figured it was something to do with my jetting. Upon taking my airfilter off and firing up my quad I noticed that the slide in the rear carbureator was sticking and not seating fully, it was very obvious that it was not even close to being in sync with the front which glides easily and seats fully after releasing the throttle. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] What's going on??? I thought I saw on a post where someone had their carbs replaced under warranty because they were having problems has anyone had any problems with their carbs doing this? Thanks - Carl

Old 09-21-2003, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

In respone to my own post, my slide return spring on my back carb was broken right in the middle. That really stinks, my local dealer's parts department was of no help so I looked up the part @ buykawasaki.com and ordered 2(so I'll have an extra) from Ron Ayers online. I also ordered the jet kit from FMF which comes with new return springs as compared to dynojet's kit which does not. I can't belive that spring broke, scary part is my V was running pretty darn good. It only had a little cough from 0-1/8 throttle. The factory spring is really weak looking, hopefully the FMF units are a little stronger. No riding tommorow....that sucks. I may have to use a sick day this week just to get my riding fix [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] To those of you who get to ride tommorow, take a brief moment to remember your good friend Mudfoot.....waiting on parts...

Old 09-21-2003, 11:10 AM
Range Rover

Hey mudfoot how do you like the V with the realters on it? I just ordered a set should be here thursday how is the ride on the trails?

Old 09-21-2003, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

I like them, where we ride it varies from sand to mud to hard pack, they work great on any surface. Word of the wise...warn your friends not to be directly behind you when you throttle down...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]