Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Still up in the air over a P700 vs. Rincon purchase

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still up in the air over a P700 vs. Rincon purchase

Just buy the prairie you cant go wrong there . its got the power thats really what you want .just go out and test ride both of them you will see what we all have been saying

Old 09-23-2003, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

Duramax, I have to tell you I agonized with this same choice, I really liked the grizzly but nearly flipped it when I test rode it plus I don't like the local Yamaha dealer. I rode both the Rincon and then a Prairie 650 on the same day. I decided that I was going to buy a Prairie 650 and then talked them to within $500 for the Prairie 700. I rode the 700 and never even thought about going back. I have about 200 miles on my 700 and it just keeps getting better. It just plain rocks I can hardly unload it from the trailer without having to flip a couple donuts just because I can. Go ride one were they will let you get on it and your mind will be made up.

Old 09-23-2003, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks to everyone. This is what I was looking for. Everyone says go ride one, but if they will let you ride one at all, its around their parking lot. I was at a dealer the other day and he would not even bother to start one up, much less let me ride it. Makes you wonder how they stay in business. That is why I wanted to know everyone's experiences, good and bad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2003, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider

Those dealers are screwing up. The Yamaha Dealer here will let you ride one in the gravel parking area next to the rail rode tracks. The Kawasaki-Honda-Suzuki dealer will let you ride them in a big fenced field they have across the street from them. You can run pretty much wide out in the field. I just know that after I rode the P-700 I never even though about the others. It was that much more fun![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2003, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

3TV ,

What is wrong with your Rincon ?

The tranny is very good , you are using it wrong. The more you let it rev the slower it is , when you short shift it is more powerful.

I have yet to race another big bore and get killed like others say !

Later

Mark

Old 09-23-2003, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

IMO... I could learn to live with whatever large bore quad I bought... I currently drive a Kawasaki, mostly because this is the best dealer around here...

If both the Rincon & the Prairie have a good dealership close to you, buy the Prairie, you won't be sorry... on the other hand, if you don't have a good Kawasaki dealer & you have a good Honda dealer... I wouldn't think twice about buying the Honda, or a Grizzly, or an AC 650, OR a 650 Trackster, for that matter...

these new "bigger" quads are much too complex to just buy because of brand loyalty... it is getting much more important to have a knowledgeable dealer who treats you fairly, & is willing to go to bat for you with the company... it has become more important than the equipment its self... WAM

Old 09-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

NewBeatle - What is that on the front of your bike in picture #4? Does it have something to do with the new intake you speak of? The rear rack sounds great. I might need one of those. How about posting more pictures? Thanks

Old 09-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

I bought a Prairie 700 and love it. Its fast stable has a low center of gravity and will go over or through anything. I looked at the Rincon but decided against it based on the transmission and that I didn't like how everyone was saying IRS bikes are tippy. The big thing was that it didn't have a low range. Here is a bigbore review that was done and that may help you: http://www.atvtv.com/bigbore.html

Old 09-23-2003, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

DURAMAX... it is my scoop... it was designed to replace the front rack, for around the farm ... had I know that I'd be racing so much this year, I'd have made it smaller, but it currently will hold 2-3 handfull of tools in the front storage area, it holds a pair of 5" waterproof boat speakers, a pair of K&N air filters for the engine intake, & a filtered CVT air inlet ( the CVT cooling air is now run into the scoop ), & it has a heavy aluminum brace to reinforce the "weak" front shock towers... I have an e-mail set up with some pictures of modifications, if you want to P.M. me your e-mail address...WAM

Old 09-23-2003, 04:42 PM
Range Rover

My opinion is that you'll be very dissapointed if you drop your cash on a Rincon. I always found the Rincon to be rather odd. Honda is a top flight company....and in the ATV market they have hit some real homeruns (The Rubicon for example). But on the Rincon, Honda REALLY dropped the ball. Crap brakes, crap engine braking, crap transmission, loud engine, too much vibration, low power, and no locking front diffy.

There are very good reasons why Suzuki chose to copy the Prairie when designing the new Twin Peaks 700. There is also very good reasons they didn't copy the Rincon.

Get the Prairie....the belt thing is really a non-issue.

Moo,
WheelCow

Quick Reply: Still up in the air over a P700 vs. Rincon purchase