Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Neutral light on KFX 700

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neutral light on KFX 700

Anyone havining problems with neutral light?Mine seems to work when it wants to...I checked for ground at the dash and its there when I put bike in neautral......Also Has anyone noticed a wierd scratchy sound from engine when going slow up incline or under a load..

Old 10-01-2003, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

Yes and yes.

My neutral light stopped working and then one day it started working again and have had no problem since. That scratchy sound, I'm not sure if its the same thing I am experiencing but I get it both on my P650 and V700.

Old 10-01-2003, 08:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]Guess what? The neutral light was the first thing I noticed as soon as I got home with my new V. I've had it 7 months now and it seems to work better than it did, I don't know how or why. I did notice that alot of times if it didn't come on you could rev the motor in nuetral and it usually comes on. I guess it could be something more serious than a cheap light, so I'm not complaining.

Old 10-01-2003, 10:58 PM
2TV
Pro Rider

Yep, had the same problem with mine (neutral light). Some days it would work, some days not. Some days it was on and off and even dim. I asked the dealer about it and they replaced the light pod module (from what I gather is like a circuit board with all the lights on it) under warranty. Haven't had a problem since then and it's been about six months now.

Old 10-02-2003, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah I noticed when I rev it comes on ...I told my dealer he is ordering me a new one...Thanks for all your input...I know its not that big of a deal but when I shell 6G's of my hard earned cash I want everything to work for at least 6 months or untill I roll it. On Other hand when I went to order part from dealer there was a guy in the shop that had his V force 2 hrs and some strange grinding noise was commin from motor...My buddie works at the shop and he said he had to tear whole motor apart and split case...That dude is bummin....What ya say to that( I am sorry sir that this happenend. Its gonna be covered under warrenty but we gotta tear the whole bike down...You can have it back in a few weeks......parts are on backorder...)

Old 10-02-2003, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider

I would demand a different quad, I did when I picked mine up. I also had a tinging sound in the motor, very loud and it was way unde power. It was a piece of aluminum popping around in the cylinder. I got a different quad.

Old 10-03-2003, 11:35 AM
Range Rover

Yep, I have a neutral light with attitude as well. Works when if feels like it. Doesn't bother me since I'm not in neutral much. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2003, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Dealer just ordered my indicator panel. Mine does the same thing.

Old 10-12-2003, 12:12 AM
jtr
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]:Mine is very fast I love being able to smoke dirt bikes, raptors, ds650s, and any thing else I find. The only problem I have is the left tie rod keeps bending. Does anyone know where to get a good set of beefed up aftermarket tie rods? Please email me @ jtrothrock@***.net.

KFX700
DMC alien dual pipes
AC nerf bars
AC six pack rack
Modified air box
137.5 carb jets

Old 10-13-2003, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

Mine never has had any problems other than the slide return spring on the rear carb broke in 2 places. That was weird. Must have been defective though, dealer ordered me a new one and I ordered a few extra from world of powersports just to have on hand.

Quick Reply: Neutral light on KFX 700